Hate this phone, replace with....

StephenWVU

Reaction score
So, I think it is called processing or something like that where it will sometime act like a ghost is randomly touching my droid 2. It did this for a long time I did factory resets on my phone and would pull the battery. It didn't fix the problem. Randomly it stopped doing it as often, it still does it, but now the column above and including the back button do not work. This is hella annoying. Furthermore, sometimes it won't let me slide the unlock across to receive phone calls or open my phone. Sometimes it won't let me hang up my phone. Sometimes it will call random people. After showing this to the Verizon people about 3 or 4 times they mentioned that this happens to the droid 2. Thus, they are giving me the option to get a new Droid 2 for free or to get my time to reactivate. The lady I talked to said the Thunderbolt is just as buggy and had no experience with the LG Revolution. She did say she liked the Samsung Charge but that is pricy. I know the Bionic comes out in like 2 weeks but my faith in Motorola has been shaken. I am thinking of asking if they can replace my Droid 2 for free with another phone for free or for a serious discount. Any recommendations? Droid Charge? New Droid 2? Any feedback is appreciated.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
That happened to me alot with the droid 2, if you ask, and say that the droid 2 global came out the same day and the sales person didnt tell you, that you would have gotten that, they will send you that. I was under warranty and *****ed that the vzw rep didnt mention the global 2, I was in a hurry.... anyways, they sent me a global, be sure to remind them to send the sim card also..

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get the Global. Its a more locked down phone than the DROID2 or X.

random rom'd X

Byakushiki

Reaction score
How is it more locked down? Droid 2 global is about as locked down as a droid x or ordinary droid 2. We even have a gsm band unlock if you want to talk sim cards and global use.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is it more locked down? Droid 2 global is about as locked down as a droid x or ordinary droid 2. We even have a gsm band unlock if you want to talk sim cards and global use.

Well, considering the X and 2 are almost identical and a ton of software is interchangeable like themes and even ROMs with a simple zip file, I would say the Global is less of a phone if you like a big aftermarket. No offense, but its true. Even the R2D2 has more available for it since its basically a skinned D2.

random rom'd X

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That's just because less people work on it. What do you expect if a phone has no support? Oh and I'll be honest here, the global function is actually fairly critical for me.