Screen wont turn on from standby

miken5555

Reaction score
I have a rooted D2. Im still running stock just have a few rooted applications. Sometimes, my phone's screen will not wake from sleep. Repeatedly pressing the power button doesn't do anything. Opening the keyboard up and pressing the buttons also doesn't do anything. After a minute or two the screen will eventually turn back on, but a few times I had to pull the battery. A few times, I noticed this would happen right as I am receiving a text as I hit the sleep button. The light would go off but the screen would take a few minutes to come back on. This is starting to happen more often, a few times a day now and it is starting to get very annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
M

miken5555

Reaction score
So i set the cpu back to stock and unrooted. I turned the phone off and took out the battery for a few minutes. Booted back up and now the phone is basically unusable. Very slow and sluggish. Done 2 battery pulls and its still very sluggish

tfepes

Reaction score
It's Only a Matter of Time

Well, if your experience goes anything like mine. My Droid 2 would not awake from sleep mode from time to time, then all of a sudden it would not awake at all. I could recieve phone calls but the screen was blank. I took it back to Verizon and they said it was a factory default. I gotta new phone. So far so good.

dbst

Reaction score
That used to happen to me all the time, so I ended up flashing Liberty and...problem solved :happy:

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
Mine does similar with the screen (not the speed/slowness)... but its something with the way my SD card is loaded/formatted/read (not sure)... got a new phone from Verizon and it did the same thing.

OP
M

miken5555

Reaction score
I unrooted and did a factory reset and it has been fine since. I'll try re-rooting soon. Now I have a problem with the physical keyboard. Alot of times it will show up as me hitting the same key twice when I clearly just hit it once. Anyone else have this problem?

typoink

Reaction score
I had the same issue -- as of today, it's dead as a doornail. I attempted to do a factory data reset and this error actually occurred WHILE I was doing so. Now, if I hold the power button down, the screen comes on but it doesn't even get to the M logo letalone the recovery screen. Dead as a doornail; going to call VZW for a replacement tomorrow.

cooter

Reaction score
will not wake from stand by and screen blank on incoming calls

this is begining to happen all the time and talked to verizon today and have new phone on the way to fed ex tomorrow , i almost sounds like this will happen with new phone looking for ways to prevent this from happening , and I am new to the droid phones . my last phone I had to have a 2 wheeler to cart it around . i see you are talking about liberty is this an application .It would not be so bad if this thing had a engine on it then I would not be so lost ! need help this is getting annoying . thanks so much in advance .

That used to happen to me all the time, so I ended up flashing Liberty and...problem solved :happy:

rbbtswfl

Reaction score
Screen lock problem on both droid 2s

Verizon replaced my first droid 2 because of various problems, this issue being one. 2 days with the certified like-new, and it's already happened 2 x. 1 time opening the back cover was enough to get the screen on. The other time, I never held the button down for too long, it sort of reset itself, everything was fresh when it came back on, but wasn't like a normal reboot when you see the white motorola logo and the red droid logo.
Yeah, it's some monitoring app - but which one? I'm looking for an "event viewer" like on my Windows PC.