Strange Battery Issue

Mojo_69

Reaction score
My phone has this wierd problem, whenever i plug in the charger it goes to 100% within a minute or so, then after i unplug it it goes down to about 99% and turns off.
If i boot it up without the charger the battery shows to be between 4% and 50% and goes dead within minutes.
It does this in Safestrap, Stock ICS ROM, Eclipse ICS ROM and AOKP GB ROM. So i've pretty much ruled out software issues.

I've had the phone opened up a few times, once a couple of months ago, to do a manual charge on the postive and negative battery heads on the battery. (Because i bricked it with low power).

Recently i've noticed a bump on the battery, as if it has swollen. Just around the area where the positive and negative headers are on the battery.
Maybe the phone powers off by touching it, i can't be sure.

I have the EB40 battery and have been looking for a replacement, but none are to be found in Denmark.

I need an adult! ;) Or atleast some ideas, i'm lost without my phone!

avenged61973

Reaction score
I replaced my eb-40 battery. I live in the United States I don't know how this would work in Denmark, but I ordered mine from amazon. I think I paid 30.00 dollars for it. Not sure if they do international shipping but thought I would try to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mojo_69

Reaction score
Well i've ordered a new EB40 battery, a new frame and some new screws. Ran me 142 Dollars. Pretty cheap considering shipping to Denmark from the US.
Now i'll just have to see if that'll do it, or if i wasted my money..

avenged61973

Reaction score
Well i've ordered a new EB40 battery, a new frame and some new screws. Ran me 142 Dollars. Pretty cheap considering shipping to Denmark from the US.
Now i'll just have to see if that'll do it, or if i wasted my money..

Good luck, hope everything works out for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mojo_69

Reaction score
I got my new EB40 battery and my phone is working properly again.
Sadly the new frame i ordered is missing some electronics embedded in the original frame.