Battery Issues with Maxxs

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is more of a informal survey. I am just curious how many people with the Maxx have had battery issues? If you did state the issue and how long you had your Maxx. Did you get a replacement and did the replacement work fine or have you had multiple issues? I'm just curious.

For me I have had my phone for 16 days on day 13 the sound stopped working. On day 15 the battery started to discharge really fast and phone was hot but it was still working. Today day 16 the phones battery got worse not even taking a charge well from the charger and when I powered it off to charge it that way it died and remains dead.

Again just curious how many battery issues are happening. I am sure I am a special case I am lucky that way.. :stupid:

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well if no one replies this makes me happy knowing its more then likely a random thing and my next phone will work just fine! Fingers crossed!

DocsDad

Reaction score
Mine has been flawless since day 2 of release. You probably just got a bad device. After all, it's a machine built by humans and we ain't all that sometimes :)

Hope your replacement is flawless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Rckymtn

Reaction score
Get a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Get a replacement.

I am. I saw your first post. Your right sorry to post more then one thread I was just curious if there was more battery issues. I apologize.

cece5702

Reaction score
I havent had any issues other than here at work. My phone works awesome on 3G but when I put it on 4G the battery tends to just drain without any use. The drain is not drastic but I can constantly see it draining throughout the day with it just sitting on my desk. I just use 3G here at work. It could be this location though because when I had my DX I could barely get a 3G signal at all here. Other than that, I am happy. Took a road trip last weekend had the phone on 4G the entire time and using the Navigator to lead the way. No problems at all. The battery did great. Liked the Navigator too. Love it when it says... "You have now reached your destination" and shows a picture of the location right in front of you. I was in Heaven....Lol...

Andielyn

Reaction score
I havent had any issues other than here at work. My phone works awesome on 3G but when I put it on 4G the battery tends to just drain without any use. The drain is not drastic but I can constantly see it draining throughout the day with it just sitting on my desk. I just use 3G here at work. It could be this location though because when I had my DX I could barely get a 3G signal at all here.

I initially had some battery life issues but thanks to advice in the forum, I turned off the 4G since I'm in a 3G area, and it made a huge difference. This weekend I was on the road and had 4G turned on through 4G areas and no noticeable loss of battery power. So my guess is when it's hunting for 4G in a weak area, there's a battery drain.

But aside from that, no issues like Weatherlover is inquiring about, but I am also curious of how many folks have had bad batteries in the MAXX.

Rckymtn

Reaction score
I am. I saw your first post. Your right sorry to post more then one thread I was just curious if there was more battery issues. I apologize.

Sorry about that, had one to many drinks and realized I came off a bit smug...

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Have had my Razr Maxx since the first weekend it was available and have had no issues with its battery. I previously had a Drid X with a AC battery charger which was alway plugged in with a spare battery charging. Half way through my average phone day a battery swap out was necessary. Today with the same useage profile my phone lasts two days. On a travel day (no wifi available) my old phone was connected to my car dock charging and still required a battery swap some where around 10 hours into my day. Now I not only do not connect to my car dock for charging but at the end of the day the lowest battery percentage I have had is 20%. I consider the Razr Maxx the best phone I have every had. Once ICS is updated it will continue that way for me for two years.

erasmi

Reaction score
I initially had some battery life issues but thanks to advice in the forum, I turned off the 4G since I'm in a 3G area, and it made a huge difference. This weekend I was on the road and had 4G turned on through 4G areas and no noticeable loss of battery power. So my guess is when it's hunting for 4G in a weak area, there's a battery drain.

But aside from that, no issues like Weatherlover is inquiring about, but I am also curious of how many folks have had bad batteries in the MAXX.

Stupid question, how do I turn off 4g to use 3g? I just got my device yesterday and the battery is running out quickly. I live 30 miles Northwest of Boston and am probably not in a strong 4g area. Thanks in advance.

Andielyn

Reaction score
Stupid question, how do I turn off 4g to use 3g? I just got my device yesterday and the battery is running out quickly. I live 30 miles Northwest of Boston and am probably not in a strong 4g area. Thanks in advance.

Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Network mode->CDMA only

I made some other changes at the time, too, but believe this was my biggest battery drainer. Let me know your results! (Oh, and not a stupid question.)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had issues. Infact I have a new maxx on the way. This phone is really starting to torque me off. I would love to take this thing and smash it into pieces. Not my usual method of stress relief, but the last few days have been hell

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had issues. Infact I have a new maxx on the way. This phone is really starting to torque me off. I would love to take this thing and smash it into pieces. Not my usual method of stress relief, but the last few days have been hell

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Well what are your problems?