storm vs droid

dustin4863

Reaction score
ok guys thinking of switching over to the droid i currently have a storm 9520 and i am running a hybrid os i would like to know the pros and cons you have experienced thanks in advance
dustin

flako3

Reaction score
Well welcome to the site dustin glad you can join us :) i had the blackberry storm 9520 and i hated it and now i have the blackberry tour 9630 and is ok but im getting my droid this weds :) and let me tell you the droid is waaaaaaaaaay better than the storm faster proccesor better web wifi :) believe me you will love it i dont know if you have play with a droid yet but i suggest you check it out at the store just incase :) i know is not much information but i hope i helped i lil :) take care

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I'm on my Droid now. If I was on the computer, I would give a laundry list. However, first and foremost, NO BATTERY PULLS. I don't miss those one bit. Better memory management and no spinning clock when issuing a command to perform a simple task like opening a program.

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
thanks flako it helps a bit and i have played with the droid a bit not enough though
jbjtkbw00 i look forward to your laundry list i an very curious
thanks for the quick replies
dustin

flako3

Reaction score
yeah no prob bro...thats why we are here to help each other out :) thanks let us know if you get it :) keep us updated :)

mjs31

Reaction score
thanks flako it helps a bit and i have played with the droid a bit not enough though
jbjtkbw00 i look forward to your laundry list i an very curious
thanks for the quick replies
dustin

Newer OS that is open source so no limits on development of apps. Java is old on the BB system.

Market is so much better than blackberry app world and a lot of the apps are free.

No battery pulls

Better virtual typing IMHO (right up there with the Iphone)
Physical keyboard as well.
Better resolution screen
Turn by turn navigation
MUCH MUCH MUCH Better browser. Right up there with Safari on the Iphone
Fast as hell
Email is better in my opinion....ok here me out. BB are great at getting you pushed email, but from there it kind of sucks. There are truncated generic looking. With BB you also don't have an option to not get email. There were times I wanted to not get my work email, but it was a pain to stop it. With my Droid...I make the decision when I want it....and the emails look like they were meant to.

Better updates. Well I am betting on this since it is google and they like pushing things and being creative.

I can't stress enough there there are a bunch of apps out there. Similar to another "there's an app for that" phone.

Now....this phone takes a little time to learn and the manual bites. Once you get moving with it though....amazing.

Focus issues with the camera have been documented to death. The fix is supposedly on the way.

I was a devoted BB user and left my Tour for this phone. Not even close to looking back.

** on a side note...beware of what you here on the Crackberry android forum. Some is legite, but others are pure out BB trolls making crap up.

Last edited:

flako3

Reaction score
Wow well said mjs31...:icon_ banana: he is right :) i used to be a bb user 2 well still am til i get my droid :) but once i get it like he said no looking back :)

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
flako did you ever run a hybrid on your tour?
once again i kind of know the specs but what about the os

flako3

Reaction score
Well before giving the storm I updated to the new 5.0 os and let me tell u it is better than the hybrid I think but never the less I'm done with it :) how's the hybrid for u dustin? You like it?

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
Well before giving the storm I updated to the new 5.0 os and let me tell u it is better than the hybrid I think but never the less I'm done with it :) how's the hybrid for u dustin? You like it?

well i enjoy it but i also play with my os way to much i ran straingt 5.0 for about 20 minutes before i built my own and that is what i am curious about what are the limits on the droid because i can do almost anything on my storm
im about to go buy in it in a second so we will see

texasPI

Reaction score
The biggest deciding factor for me was the short boot time of the droid compared to the storm I had (9530). That sold me right there! :)

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
The biggest deciding factor for me was the short boot time of the droid compared to the storm I had (9530). That sold me right there! :)

what do you mean boot time the longest i had to wait was when i loaded a new os other than that its lighting for me

texasPI

Reaction score
My storm took 5-6 mins to boot up after a battery pull or quickpull. I was running .148 and later was running .151. Didnt make a difference. I never tried the hybrids or shrink os.

flako3

Reaction score
yup yup but like i said im in love with droid so i am def switching from storm to droid :) besides the appstore is much btter and cheaper 2... :) let me know what you do...