Quicklaunch like blackberry storm???

diavlo

Reaction score
Is there an app something like the Quicklaunch for storm, single file add a shortcut for direct dial,text,app etc, that is one of the best apps I had on the storm really miss it!

Anyone feel the same??

I do know the Droid has several options, but I think the storm Quicklaunch did it better.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Never used a storm but if I understand what you're looking for it sounds like you could be just as easily satisfied with creating a folder (on your home screen) and putting all the shortcuts you want inside that folder. You can do direct dial, text, apps, whatever.

Or maybe I don't understand what this app really did for you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never used Quicklaunch and I don't miss the Storm. Either one of them.

There's always going to be some give and take and I think you can easily duplicate the quicklaunch by creating folders on your home screen.

Do you miss waiting 5 minutes to connect to the internet?

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Or don't even make a folder, just put one of your homescreens to be all speed dials, quick navigations, etc. That's what I did.

bacalao

Reaction score
I was thinking the same. But I'm fine with homescreens and folders. I guess we felt we had to put that camera button to use!

OP
D

diavlo

Reaction score

diverken

Reaction score
When I create a shortcut on my home screen and select direct dial and then chhose a favorite contact that has a picture associated with it, I get a shortcut with the picture and a small letter in the upper right of the picture. The letter has nothing to do with the contact or the picture. Anybody else have this problem.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
When I create a shortcut on my home screen and select direct dial and then chhose a favorite contact that has a picture associated with it, I get a shortcut with the picture and a small letter in the upper right of the picture. The letter has nothing to do with the contact or the picture. Anybody else have this problem.

I'm guessing the letter is M, W, or H, right? That's mobile, work, and home. So you have the name and the designation of what kind of phone you're calling.

diverken

Reaction score
The letter is the upper left not right, sorry. What was said as to the letter designation sounds right. I have never seen any info as that happening when you create the shortcut. Thanks for the quick answer. You guys rock.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Never used Quicklaunch and I don't miss the Storm. Either one of them.

There's always going to be some give and take and I think you can easily duplicate the quicklaunch by creating folders on your home screen.

Do you miss waiting 5 minutes to connect to the internet?

DITTO.... Don't miss the Storm one bit.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apps Organizer will allow you to customize folders, without using the folder icon (custom icons!)

boatman2220

Reaction score
I see the folders and another home screen idea working. But I also see the OP's idea of a slick, smooth working Widget that will do this. I think he should take the idea down to the app developers section as a suggestion. No matter how happy we are to have the Droid instead of waiting on the Storm, Blackberry has interface tied down smooth. I believe we're getting used to making the Droid work. Droid Does, yes it does . Lets make it even better and easier for the little things. Blackberry and Apple have had years to develop and adjust. We can make this better when we think of something that we can use instead of a FART machine. ( I do have one )

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is the fun of it, you can customize to your hearts content; there is no one "right" way ... Set it up as it suits you.