Store Voice Mail Password

DogPaw

Reaction score
If anyone figures how to store the voice mail password let me know. The old *86,,XXXX , where xxxx is password, does not seem to work in the voicemail settings.

brent.murray

Reaction score
I've always used *86,,XXXX# where XXXX is your password.... What you typed it looks like you forgot the # at the end... not sure if you made a typo or aren't doing that. but the # is key as it sends the entered password. :)

SP120k

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I remember doing this a long time ago but I think it was under a different carrier, glad to be doing it again.

jimmiethemum

Reaction score
I can't seem to get that working? It worked with my Droid one.
I went to call settings, put the two ,,password then# and when I dial voice mail, it keeps asking me for my password?
*86,,XXXXXX#

Not sure if it's the Bionic or me?

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Maybe a timing issue? Try it like this just to test:
*86;XXXXXX#

The semi-colon will pop a message on the screen asking to send the XXXXXX#. Once voicemail asks for you password, click Yes to send .

lykofos

Reaction score
I can't seem to get that working? It worked with my Droid one.
I went to call settings, put the two ,,password then# and when I dial voice mail, it keeps asking me for my password?
*86,,XXXXXX#

Not sure if it's the Bionic or me?

Hmm, works on my bionic. Mine's a little different tho. Try removing the second "," pause and the "#" at then end. Here's how I have mine set up:

Settings --> Call settings --> Voicemail settings --> *86,XXXXX --> OK

Call your voicemail and it should enter you password / log you in automatically. Works for me.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
This did not work for me at first but I entered #86,,xxxx# and after about 4 hours it started working fine. Odd!

Rip_in_LV

Reaction score
I spoke with VZ Customer Service about this when I rec'd my Bionic two days ago. They couldn't get it to work correctly. The CS Agent said she would investigate the issue and call me back. Today, she called and suggested the same fixes mentioned in this thread! I explained I had tried them without success. She said I had two choices, subscribe to Visual Voicemail and she would give me two months free :angry: or they would send me a new phone (meanwhile charging my account an additional $350 until I returned the first one). She said they weren't able to duplicate the problem on their test phone and the problem seemed "random". So, I'll wait for the replacement and see if I get lucky.
I replaced my Dinc with the Bionic and I'm gradually liking the Bionic a little more each day.
Hopefully a fix will be provide soon for a fix for this and other bugginess issues.
Regards,
Rip

jasondeg

Reaction score
Try going to your VOICEMAIL contact and make sure the *86,,XXXX# is chosen as default... when I just set mine up it kept the regular *86 in the contact so im not sure which it would do by default

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Rip_in_LV

Reaction score
Try going to your VOICEMAIL contact and make sure the *86,,XXXX# is chosen as default... when I just set mine up it kept the regular *86 in the contact so im not sure which it would do by default

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The number that displays on the pre-set Voice Mail contact in Contacts is *86,,xxxx# but when I select the big green phone icon to dial that number, is only dials *86. Weird...