Store or over the phone?

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Should I wait till monday to have my droid delivered from ordering over the phone, or go into a store right now and buy it? I just hate the way the verizon store by my house has dealt with some of my issues and I hate to give SOME of the those employees a commission of my sale. But I want the phone now I have already waited so long. Am I being dumb and should just suck it up and go get it now?

mjs31

Reaction score
If you want it, get it. My make yourself suffer....If you are like me then waiting a weekend would be hell.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I would say go to the store and buy it. I bought mine over the phone and had a problem with it and it had to be returned. The store will not work with you or replace it. If you start in the mail, VZW makes you STAY in the mail for everything. With all the hassles I endured, I would have rather paid the extra 50 bucks to deal with a face and a place. (BTW I'm happy with my droid now, after all the dust has settled).

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
hahha ya Im leaning toward that. I wanted it for Christmas but had to wait till after to get my NE2 discount so having to do it through this weekend might drive me crazy when I can get it right now.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I would say go to the store and buy it. I bought mine over the phone and had a problem with it and it had to be returned. The store will not work with you or replace it. If you start in the mail, VZW makes you STAY in the mail for everything. With all the hassles I endured, I would have rather paid the extra 50 bucks to deal with a face and a place. (BTW I'm happy with my droid now, after all the dust has settled).

Thanks that is good to know about having to send it in if I have a problem.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just Do It......You know you wanna....

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
No other stores locally other than the one "by [your] house?" Don't know where you live but in most cities another store is no more than 10 miles or so, IF that far. But this will depend on where you live. Personally I would go to the store and make them give you some good deals (when I got mine I asked them to do an instant rebate in place of 'mail-in' rebate, waive the activation fees and to give me the second phone ($50) for free since that's what BB was offering on their website, they did everything). But this will depend on the store manager so I'm not promising anything.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Ya there are other ones a little farther away. See thats the thing, the people that I have dealt with in the past act like robots that can only do what they learned in training. They cant think outside the box. I miss my old verizon store where I used to live. I had a guy that was always so thoughtful and would change stuff that needed to be changed and help me get the best price possible, and he didnt have to run to his manager every time to ask

JamesX

Reaction score
If you bought online you can still return it at the store. I just returned mine yesterday.

Store is good service when they are selling to you. But if you ever have problem with the phone, just call Verizon Customer Support and skip the hassel of the store support.

Keep in mind if you buy online they ship it over night for free (Fedex deliverys before 3pm but requires signature) and I believe you have a $100 instant rebate (or something) in addition to the discount for Contract.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
If you bought online you can still return it at the store. I just returned mine yesterday.

Store is good service when they are selling to you. But if you ever have problem with the phone, just call Verizon Customer Support and skip the hassel of the store support.

Keep in mind if you buy online they ship it over night for free (Fedex deliverys before 3pm but requires signature) and I believe you have a $100 instant rebate (or something) in addition to the discount for Contract.

Wow that is interesting. Then I guess the manager at my store isn't as nice a guy as I thought he was. He said he could not deal with me as I had not purchased it there but over the phone. Hmmm.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow that is interesting. Then I guess the manager at my store isn't as nice a guy as I thought he was. He said he could not deal with me as I had not purchased it there but over the phone. Hmmm.

Call customer service and report him. While you on the phone get them to note your problem and note on your account that they have approved a replacement. The store manager will have NO choice. Oh, but make sure it's a 'corporate' store, not an 'authorized dealer' there may very well be a difference. But if the CS rep on the phone notes your account they should be able to tell you were you can/should go.

imiller913

Reaction score
If it is another store near you I would say go to the other store but if not order it online if you don't want to deal with the people at the store you don't like. If it's that big of a deal to you.

yoopermjm

Reaction score

Call customer service and report him. While you on the phone get them to note your problem and note on your account that they have approved a replacement. The store manager will have NO choice. Oh, but make sure it's a 'corporate' store, not an 'authorized dealer' there may very well be a difference. But if the CS rep on the phone notes your account they should be able to tell you were you can/should go.

I actually talked to customer service while at that store and they said the same thing, 'you buy on the phone you replace through the mail.' I'm good now, but it was a hassle. They sent one to me overnight, but of course the weekend came into play. That is a corporate store by the way.