Verizon Droid Incredible - 4G compatable?

malibu3105

Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my phone to a Verizon Incredible. One of the sales people in the store told me that when Verizon goes to 4G, I should be able to flash my phone and have it work on the 4G network. Does anyone know if this is that case? Or maybe just a sales pitch. I am wondering if I should wait until 4G rolls out. Hate to do a 2yr contract and be stuck.
Thanks!!

Malibu.

Tower101

Reaction score
Lying or incompetent sales person, no phone currently on the market is compatible with LTE. Verizon also has no plans for a "4G" phone until some time late next year.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all the 4G phones will need sim cards.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
he's correct when they goto the 4g network(LTE) the phone will still work but only at 3g speeds.

this applies to every phone they currently have... no reflashing or updates required.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my phone to a Verizon Incredible. One of the sales people in the store told me that when Verizon goes to 4G, I should be able to flash my phone and have it work on the 4G network. Does anyone know if this is that case? Or maybe just a sales pitch. I am wondering if I should wait until 4G rolls out. Hate to do a 2yr contract and be stuck.
Thanks!!

Malibu.

If you want to preserve your options, go for a one year contract. As long as you expect Verizon to subsidize your phone purchase, you have to accept their rules.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lying or incompetent sales person, no phone currently on the market is compatible with LTE. Verizon also has no plans for a "4G" phone until some time late next year.

It's possible the guy just didn't know any better. I mean come on, Verizon reps aren't exactly all that knowledgeable about everything. Should he have known? Yes, one would think so. But it may have just been an honest mistake.

OP
M

malibu3105

Reaction score
Great information

Thanks for the info.
Well, sounds like it will still work with 3G, expected that. But if it will be a year or more, no point in waiting. Plus, the phone I have now is no where near what the Droid is, so will need to upgrade asap!!!

Thanks again.
M