Storage help

rumblee1

Reaction score
I recently downloaded my pics from my macbook to my bionic. When I installed "SanDisk memory zone ", it said all my pics were on my internal memory and not on my SD card. I thought when you downloaded pics, music, and Videos, they were supposed to go onto your SD card by default. I'd there a way to transfer these pics to my card internally within the bionic? How? Thanks. FYI, my music went to my card when downloaded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently downloaded my pics from my macbook to my bionic. When I installed "SanDisk memory zone ", it said all my pics were on my internal memory and not on my SD card. I thought when you downloaded pics, music, and Videos, they were supposed to go onto your SD card by default. I'd there a way to transfer these pics to my card internally within the bionic? How? Thanks. FYI, my music went to my card when downloaded.

for apps/pics ect. to be download to external sd card u need to change the storage settings in settings--> storage--> storage location. an to move them just use the standard file browser an go to the fille u want to move long press it an it will give u the options move copy cut ect. select one of the options an just click the back button on the bionic to where u see internal storage an then go into internal storage an u will see in the bottom of the screen move/ paste which ever method u used

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the info. But the sd card option was already on. Still went to internal.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the info. But the sd card option was already on. Still went to internal.

This is a confusing aspect of this phone. What we think of as the SD Card is actually mapped to the sd-ext directory (meaning SD external). The SD directory is mapped to a partition of internal storage, known as the "Media Area". It's kind of like an internal SD card. There's a separate partition for apps and another partition for the system directory.

Bottom line is that apps that are programmed to recognize the SD card the normal way will confuse it with the Media Area. You can use the Files app that comes with the Bionic to move files back and forth between the two.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
OI file manager (Free on Market)

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!