stolen droid

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
Well someone stole my friends droid... :( and he isnt too concerned about the phone since he was about to get a new one. But he was wondering, what can he do about all the information that was on his phone. He had it linked to his facebook, gmail, and he may have done some online shopping on it. since some of those sites remembers your account login and they store your cc info, is there anyway to delete it?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
He can get VZW to wipe it. He should have installed an app to allow him to do it. I now use Wavesecure so I can control my phone should it get stolen.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with the above statement. He can also see his call logs online to challenge any calls, data, or texts being sent or used during the time he is without phone.

My wife's Droid was stolen on a plane to Cali...we use latitude because we are new out here and don't know our way around. I used latitude to find my wife's phone. The guy was totally shocked when I showed up at his door explaining to him that I know my phone is in his house.

Got my phone back and we are happy campers.

eewny

Reaction score
I know there may be app for it but has anyone used latitude and friended them self to track their phone

At least until the stolen phone turns off gps it might be trackable and even findable if lost and not stolen

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

big al

Reaction score
with the new online market coould you not install one of the locate me apps remotely and they find it?
Just a thought

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with the new online market coould you not install one of the locate me apps remotely and they find it?
Just a thought

That would be pretty awesome if it actually works that way.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well someone stole my friends droid... :( and he isnt too concerned about the phone since he was about to get a new one. But he was wondering, what can he do about all the information that was on his phone. He had it linked to his facebook, gmail, and he may have done some online shopping on it. since some of those sites remembers your account login and they store your cc info, is there anyway to delete it?
Nothing at this point. Passwords and remote wipe solutions require proactive action.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
Just a thought

not likely. most of those require at least some initial configuration.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there may be app for it but has anyone used latitude and friended them self to track their phone

As stated this is exactly what I did. I have 7 gmail accounts and all are on eachothers buddy lists so to speak. So if my phone every goes MIA I can track on any computer. Plus now I have Wavesecure so it is a done deal

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about making a new account and friending yourself that wont work because they have to accept it on the phone i think. But I could be wrong.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You do have to sign into latitude on the phone though. It's a one time thing but it wont work till you do it.

SupperDroid

Reaction score
I believe you can install lookout remotely from the market and use it without any config. I don't remember configuring anything before I tested it.