Stolen Droid X!!!

cdub1188

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts about this but none that cover my situation. Phone was stolen flashed from Verizon to cricket and activated on a cricket account. Cricket will not give the persons info to me or the officer that was with me. All I have is the ESN and the knowledge of their service provider. Any ideas on how to get my phone? Any ESN GPS trackers? Does Motorola have the tracking tech that apple has? Any ideas ay all?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How do you know it was flashed from verizon to Cricket? How did you try to obtain the information from Cricket? Did you just walk in a store or did you call them?

OP
C

cdub1188

Reaction score
I first called cricket and they verified that the ESN was registered. I then went to one of their corporate locations with a police officer and they said a detective would have to send a fax in to their corporate office. A detective does not waste his time with stolen cellphones so I'm pretty Mch SOL

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of this. I'm quite surprised that you even were able to get a police officer to accompany you the first time. They don't like to waste their time. This tells me not to deal with Cricket.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to hear about your phone, hope you are able to get to some sort of resolution.

OP
C

cdub1188

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of this. I'm quite surprised that you even were able to get a police officer to accompany you the first time. They don't like to waste their time. This tells me not to deal with Cricket.

Definitely! Crickets crap if you can't afford Verizon go through sprint they are chapter than anyways

Quick

Reaction score
File/notify Verizon your phone was stolen (I'm sure you have already done this).
File a lost/stolen police report. Usually just a matter of calling in to the police to file a report reporting your phone lost or stolen and they give you a file/report number. (I' sure you have already done this).
Verizon will deactivate/block the phone on their network and put the ESN on their blocked/stolen list which they share.
Mail your suspicions with esn and police report to Cricket. They just might follow up with the police but probably not.

You should be following up and or pushing your police department to follow up. Not Cricket.
Good for Cricket not releasing personal information to just anyone off the street with an esn number. Nothing about your case but I surely don't want my personal information released to anyone who knows my esn or guessed my esn or maybe just got the esn number wrong by accident. And just because you have a police officer accompany you doesn't make you different than anyone else. Anyone can ask a police officer to accompany them anywhere (whether they agree or decline is a different matter). Doesn't add any credentials to your claim or request unless the officer has a court order/warrant, in which case he would be making the request.

So see if you can get the police department to follow up. They're going to have a department working on stolen property and probably groups or people working on specific types of stolen property. Try to talk to someone who might work on your case. At least make sure your additional information gets attached to your police report.