Is my ESN good/clear?

synaptyc

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I recently bought a Moto DROID on Craigslist. The seller said the ESN is clear and I have failed at having anyone at Verizon run my ESN to check it. Every rep/customer service/tech tells me they have to actually setup an account to check the ESN. I don't want to setup an account with Verizon if the ESN is bad. Is there anyway I can get this thing checked without going in to a store?

When looking at: Settings>Status: My phone number shows up as 0000002185

I hope that means that it is clear and never been activated... it still doesn't let me know if the DROID has been stolen.

*sigh* i guess i'll keep trying with Verizon tech support. :blink:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you call *611 they can direct you to a tech who can see if the ESN is clear.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would guess its stolen

Your guess is either right or wrong. I guess we will never know. Well I know, and he knows.
Nobody would have anything to gain from knowing if it was blacklisted or not. When I sell a VZW phone on eBay I have no problem giving out the ESN to a potential buyer. What do they have to gain by knowing the ESN...nothing.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I hope the OP got a good unit, but I read a post from him saying he got it from CL for 275. I am not very hopeful.

Hopefully I am wrong.

bllarkin

Reaction score
I hope the OP got a good unit, but I read a post from him saying he got it from CL for 275. I am not very hopeful.

Hopefully I am wrong.

Hope he's good to go, too. That would suck to get a Droid and have it be a hot phone and be out that money.

jahtv98

Reaction score
If you had a VZW account, it would have been easy, just call *228 option #3 and follow the prompts. Since you do not have an account, you would need to continue to ask reps to do you the favor to check. But like someone here said, maybe 611 will help you

xjman349

Reaction score
The ESN is clear. Never been on the lost stolen list. He is good to go.

OP
S

synaptyc

Reaction score
xjman349 .. you rock =)
Thank you VERY much for setting my mind at ease!
Woot :icon_ banana: