Stock rom with SuperUser

wizard

Reaction score
Is any one going to make a stock Rom that has SuperUser added in? I really would like to use every thing stock for a Bit with the choice of Superuser apps that I have grown used to on my OG Droid.

Also any one going to jump on the Kernal to try and get some Low Voltage builds up to try and make the Bionic run cooler and longer.

This one drops in 4 days and I can't wait to see what she can do out of the box but I know in a few weeks she will be broke out and tuned to the max.

Thanks to every one that will be a part of this project.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is any one going to make a stock Rom that has SuperUser added in? I really would like to use every thing stock for a Bit with the choice of Superuser apps that I have grown used to on my OG Droid.

Also any one going to jump on the Kernal to try and get some Low Voltage builds up to try and make the Bionic run cooler and longer.

This one drops in 4 days and I can't wait to see what she can do out of the box but I know in a few weeks she will be broke out and tuned to the max.

Thanks to every one that will be a part of this project.
When you root it you will get superuser so you won't need a rom.

Good luck with having roms since the bootloader is locked. That won't happen until they can bootstrap it or moto unlocks the bootloader.

Also there will be no kernels until moto unlocks the bootloader.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Yeah, just root and you will have a stock rom with superuser, very easy.

I'm sure since this is on GB Android, we'll have CM7 nightlies shortly as well as bootstrapper.

yiannis

Reaction score
Interesting that you'd want the Bionic cooler and running longer, I haven't seen a massive stream of Moto phones melting and the battery runs long enough.

Most of us would like to O'C it. I'm sure it wan run 1.4 Ghz smoothly. And with interest it has generated (1000+ replies on two threats over the weekend at androicentral forums from people who received it early) I'd be surprised if we don't have custom ROMs with a month.

How will Moto/VZW test 4.0 after all?

buellboy9

Reaction score
When you root it you will get superuser so you won't need a rom.

Good luck with having roms since the bootloader is locked. That won't happen until they can bootstrap it or moto unlocks the bootloader.

Also there will be no kernels until moto unlocks the bootloader.

Where've you been? The Bionic was already rooted before it was released. Same exploit that worked with the Droid3 works with the Bionic.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Where've you been? The Bionic was already rooted before it was released. Same exploit that worked with the Droid3 works with the Bionic.

I know its been rooted. Rooting doesn't mean its unlocked though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

idefiler6

Reaction score
I know its been rooted. Rooting doesn't mean its unlocked though.

And unlocking has nothing to do with running a stock rom that's rooted? Not sure where you're going with this. OP wants the stock rom with root, he got that.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And unlocking has nothing to do with running a stock rom that's rooted? Not sure where you're going with this. OP wants the stock rom with root, he got that.

I don't think you read my post right. I said you will get superuser when you root it so there's no need for a rom. You can't even have roms yet.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
The stock phone comes with a ROM, it's called motoblur.

Oh my god dude, read the post right! He was saying that since when you root the phone you get superuser, theres no need to make a new ROM, since all you have to do is root the stock one. Idk whats so hard to understand about that...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The stock phone comes with a ROM, it's called motoblur.

Oh my god dude, read the post right! He was saying that since when you root the phone you get superuser, theres no need to make a new ROM, since all you have to do is root the stock one. Idk whats so hard to understand about that...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Yea I don't get whats so hard to understand. And motoblur is not a ROM. Its a overlay.

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advise. Got what I needEd so I could tether laptop. I am happy now thanks every one

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

idefiler6

Reaction score
And Motoblur (or whatever they want to call it) is not "stock." Stock would be pure gingerbread, with no overlay.

And since no one is releasing with pure gingerbread, and blur is what comes with the phone out of the box, that is the definition of stock. The semantics arguments in this thread are nauseating.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So...
I would think that someone would like the "Stock" Rom, meaning how the Bionic came from Motorola, incase after rooting the device they did something rendering the device unusable, they could install a nandroid backup or if that was unavailable, the "Stock" rom from elsewhere. However, if you can do a nandroid, that would serve as your personal "stock" rom.

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
When I said stock I did mean out of the box. I like the motoblur (rom) Overlay. I really could care less about having a Stripped rom/ pure Gingerbread phone. Do I like all the bloatware from verizon not really but I do like the Motoblur and feel some of the rom Brewers could learn a thing or two from it. I ran most every Rom made for the D1 and I am missing nothing with Motoblur and its stable. I am not bashing just saying there is room still to learn for those willing to look.

Best reguards to all and Thanks for all those on this site that have helped me (Knowing or not). Keep up the good work all. and thanks again to all