Stock or Launcher Pro?

Tillmorn

Reaction score
So, personal preference people? I'm currently running LP for the simple fact that I can hide all the useless apps that Verizon pre-installed when I open up my app drawer. Plus, I like the dock on LP a heck of a lot better, whereas the stock dock seems unchangeable. But not having the 3d effects is kind of...meh. On the plus side, things seem to run even faster with LP.

I guess if there was a way to JUST change the dock I would be happy with stock. Anyone know of such a thing?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Stock (when I get it tomrrow)
You CAN hide all the unwanted apps in the drawer with the stock launcher.
Heres how!

1. Open the app drawer
2. Press "ALL APPS"
3. Press the + sign next to "NEW GROUP"
4. Name the new group (Mine is called "Stuff I use"
5. Press the floppy disk looking icon
6. Press "ALL APPS" again
7. Press the group you just created
8. Press the + sign at the top right
9. A list of all the apps comes up, choose the ones you want in your new group.
10. When you're done press OK

DONE!

OP
Tillmorn

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Intriguing. Guess I'll uninstall LP again! Still wish I could change the dock up, I've been digging LP's scrolling dock since I rooted my Eris way back when.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Im using ADW and love it...

I'm on the latest MIUI rom and absolutely loving it(OG Droid). If they make a version for the Bionic, I'd definitely check it out, OP. Super efficient, full theme customization, etc. Need to have root, however.

Sent using common sense.

Renae

Reaction score
I tried to use the stock one for a couple of hours, but I kept getting really confused. Plus those icons are really fugly. So I put LP on. I'm really liking it on there. I had my D1 the way I liked it, and now my bionic has all of the icons and launcher icons in the same place. Plus the LP ones are cuter.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I tried to use the stock one for a couple of hours, but I kept getting really confused. Plus those icons are really fugly. So I put LP on. I'm really liking it on there. I had my D1 the way I liked it, and now my bionic has all of the icons and launcher icons in the same place. Plus the LP ones are cuter.

Yea I wasnt to fond of the stock launcher at all .. I switched right away

ModestMuse

Reaction score
Another vote for LP. Love their Facebook and Twitter scroll-able widgets. Love their dock and customization options.

OP
Tillmorn

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Yep, went back to LP. I couldn't enjoy the phone without the scroll-able dock and my minimalistic word icons and style. Besides, it's always fun when a fellow android user is baffled by how my phone looks and runs. "There's no icon pictures or anything?! What's Handcent? What do you mean you're playing Super Mario?" etc. Fun times.