Stock Motoblur ICS for droid4

phrir1

Reaction score
Per P3DROID twitter:

RT @P3Droid R U A Moto fan, then this is exciting news, @djrbliss just created a new universal root for the new 4.0.4 leaks.

Not sure if he posted it yet

r314bd

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get WiFi Tether to work? And are anyone else's status bar icons (on the left side) really small and dark like this?

7CGmJ.jpg

Last edited:

Meptrep

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get WiFi Tether to work? And are anyone else's status bar icons (on the left side) really small and dark like this?

7CGmJ.jpg

Woah, how did you get a screenshot app to work? Mine are either on the side of a black background or they're just a blank black photo instead of my screen.

r314bd

Reaction score
Woah, how did you get a screenshot app to work? Mine are either on the side of a black background or they're just a blank black photo instead of my screen.
I used the built in ICS screenshot feature (Power + Volume Down). It's a bit finicky to get the buttons right though...a lot of the time I just ended up changing my ring volume. If you press one before the other, it won't work. You have to press both buttons at as close to the same time as possible.

moccor

Reaction score
I used the built in ICS screenshot feature (Power + Volume Down). It's a bit finicky to get the buttons right though...a lot of the time I just ended up changing my ring volume. If you press one before the other, it won't work. You have to press both buttons at as close to the same time as possible.

I did not know this. I used ScreenshotER. But I just tried it and it does work awesomely for me. Only problem, it makes the camera pic noise, even though I have all sounds muted using audio manager.

r314bd

Reaction score
I did not know this. I used ScreenshotER. But I just tried it and it does work awesomely for me. Only problem, it makes the camera pic noise, even though I have all sounds muted using audio manager.
Yeah I can't figure out how to mute that sound either.

Zuofu

Reaction score
I figured out how to get unstuck from 200 (and upgrade to 206) thanks to the similar instructions for the Droid Razr, unsure if the root works, trying it now. Check my post for more info.

moccor

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this seem slower then stock unbloated GB? I liked the KANG more tbh. It seems like there is much more stuff slowing this stock ICS down. Can't wait for the new CM9 ROM, I'd rather be on GB :p

1989trouble07

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this seem slower then stock unbloated GB? I liked the KANG more tbh. It seems like there is much more stuff slowing this stock ICS down. Can't wait for the new CM9 ROM, I'd rather be on GB :p

Slower? It seems so much faster to me. Even scored 800 points higher on a benchmark. 3000 compared 2200

Last edited:

moccor

Reaction score
Slower? It seems so much faster to me. Even scored 800 points higher on a benchmark. 3000 compared 2200

Well, those apps that benchmark the devices aren't really accurate. I had less memory used on GB than ICS, after disabling the bloat.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
Well, those apps that benchmark the devices aren't really accurate. I had less memory used on GB than ICS, after disabling the bloat.

I've tested responsiveness in many areas, also a few other comparisons between my phone and my dad's (his is still on GB)
Putting the phone side by side, you can clearly see that his lags behind in comparison to ICS

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

4low4fun

Reaction score
1989trouble07 said:
I've tested responsiveness in many areas, also a few other comparisons between my phone and my dad's (his is still on GB)
Putting the phone side by side, you can clearly see that his lags behind in comparison to ICS

Agreed!! My phone is ssooo much snappier and fluid with ICS. And I'm running about the same amount of memory available as GB. Somewhere in the setting under developer I believe, you can set it to only allow no more than 4 apps open at a time which keeps my available mem around 400mb's. I do have a complaint though... for some reason I've developed static in my ear piece when on a call regardless of the volume level.. I'm still not regretting my decision. Just hoping you guys figure out a way to flash the final version whenever verizon decides to release it..