Stock Moto Gallery

darkmatter

Reaction score
I was playing around with this for the first time. I actually really like it. Well, I like what it does. Its neat how it pulls facebook, flickr etc in a nice easy to see format.

But, the interface is so damn ugly. And I hate the gallery's home screen. And though it does a fantastic job of showing you online content, the on phone gallery is horrible. Rather than folders, it lumps everything on the phone into on folder organized by date.

So, I guess I'll have two gallery apps, one for pics on my phone, one for viewing facebook/flickr/etc.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

AHiLdesigns

Reaction score
Ah, I knew there had to be a thread on this somewhere. Finally found it thankfully... I have to rant some!

Totally agree. The interface for the gallery is extremely lame, and setting up folders to organize your photos is possibly one of the most tedious actions I've ever performed. I need my phone organized for the sake of productivity, and that includes my pictures. I've got badass camera and yet I have to dig through my photos to find the one's I've just taken, old pictures transferred from a previous device are dumped from their folders and flying all over the place.. agh!!!! Thank gawd I'm not OCD or I'd be clawing my face off right now. Yes, this jumbled mess of a gallery is a complete backhand to the overall cool-factor on this phone. I really hope they fix this in a future update, because the way the gallery is right now actually makes me a tad angry.

As an aside, the social network thing is a pretty cool plus---but I'll probably never use it. With the entire internet at my disposal on a telephone I think it's safe to say I've already got enough social networking to sink a ship, lol.

pistacio

Reaction score
"quick pic" in the market organizes by folder, and its fast.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

Rotkaeqpchen

Reaction score
Yes, but QuickPic has an UGLY icon and a not-so-stock-like name. I'd be more happy if someone mods the stock D3 gallery. I use the good old Cooliris Gallery 3D instead.

VandVisX

Reaction score
Hate Gallery

Gahhh!!!

The stock gallery sucks a$$! I hate that I can't use my picasa pictures for wallpaper anymore. I hate that you can't download pictures from your own accounts to your phone. WTF Moto?

Has anyone gotten any other gallery app to even acknowledge Picasa albums? I have a picasa account enabled in the phone settings, but JustPictures and QuickPic don't seem to be able to find them.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Just use the stock 3d gallery app from a phone like the OG Droid. That's what I did on my D2. I haven't put it on my D3 yet though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

VandVisX

Reaction score
Actually I went back and installed the Gallery 3D app from the marketplace and froze the MotoBlur gallery using Titanium Backup and now I have a fully functional gallery app.

AHiLdesigns

Reaction score
"quick pic" in the market organizes by folder, and its fast.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

So I checked out the Quick Pic gallery app. Its allright, but not what I was hoping for. I've had it installed since your post and I keep finding myself going back to the factory gallery. Might be the lousy UI, idk.

Going to check out the other suggestions here. Anyone else have any other apps to point me to?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
I suggest you try Just Pictures.

I used Just Pictures on my OG Droid, but have not yet installed it on the Droid 3, but I will later today.

Just pictures supports folders and pics from Facebook and other sites such as Windows Live, Photobucket, Picasa, etc. You can easily hide those pics or folders with pics that you do not want displayed.

Good Luck,
Bob

snstr1

Reaction score
+1 for Gallery 3d, 100 times better then the stock app. Stock would be good if it just would sort by folders.

AHiLdesigns

Reaction score
So I checked out Gallery 3D. Have been using it since my last post. Very cool, especially in that I jumped from the d1 directly to the d3, because this is basically a very good port of the old d1 gallery. Even down to the icon! Lol.

I've encountered a few bugs---occassional crashes and wallpaper errors, but other than that its just what I need. Would've been cool if the dev had added in d3 support (especially the new 'edit pictures' feature), but that's neither here nor there. I'll be keeping it until either it stops working or I'm blown away by another app.

Still will investigate the other suggestion for 'Just Pictures'. Will drop by again after I do. Thanks all!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums