Gallery

916A2

Reaction score
I tried it. I like the hide folder options, but the thumbnail for my hidden video still shows up in my native gallery app. Any suggestions for hiding it? I tried clearing the gallery case.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Yep, all you gotta do is use the file manager to rename the file, simply adding a period at the beginning of the name will hide it from the gallery :)

amycmcc

Reaction score
Hmmm, I attempted the name change. It seems that after downloading the leaked update the problem has resolved it's self.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Dammit!! Yet another reason to jump to the LEAKED firmware. It's getting more and more difficult to just sit pat on STCK ROOTED and wait for VZ. :angry:

amycmcc

Reaction score
I'm not sure what most of that meant... But I don't see many improvements since the update. I still drop my bars, and it doesn't seem faster as I am hearing From others.

amycmcc

Reaction score
Quickpick dosent have tags?

amycmcc

Reaction score
I think I figured out why I have all these weird tags that keep coming back! My niece is putting keywords on the files when they are on the computer. All those keywords are showing up as tags and bogging down the gallery. I'm going to try removing them. I would rather use the native gallery if I can to save room for other apps.

916A2

Reaction score
+1 for QuickPic, I'll never use a stock gallery again

Jcassell1

Reaction score
How do you delete folders in the gallery. I can only delete individual pics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I use QuickPic for a gallery (highly recommended) and all I do is long press on the folder and get the delete option. Maybe try QuickPic?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How do you delete folders in the gallery. I can only delete individual pics.

Interesting... it looks like the folder gets deleted automatically when you delete the last pic in that folder, but there appears to be no way to delete the folder while it still contains pics. You can use multi-select to select all pics in the folder, then choose delete, and the folder will disappear as well.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
i also use quickpic....but the thing that sucks about quickpic is when you delete a picture from within quickpic it doesnt delete it in your stock gallery....well at least on mine it doesnt.

Reaction score
I used quick pic on my X and it is a great app but I haven't added it to my RAZR yet. I actually like the stock gallery with the exception of one big fail.....the gallery has no way of hiding certain folders. This couldn't have been difficult to program into the app but they didn't. I can't stand going into the gallery and seeing folders of little jpegs and imgs that other apps have added to my sd card.