Stock Internet Gone

Austindo

Reaction score
hello,
I have had a Droid Incredible 2 since mid-may. It's been running great everyday. After 2.3 was released for it, it's been acting very slow, laggy. This morning i went to get on the internet, but its gone. Now this is the internet that was already installed on my phone, or the stock internet. It shows the little green default app icon. Everytime i click it it always says program not installed. And no, its not in the app tray either. please help. I dont want to be stuck using mozilla.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have to factory reset. It's in settings under sdcard and storage menu. It's kind of a common problem that this needs to be done with android phones after a ota update when a new OS is installed. I had to factory reset too when I originally got the update. Make sure your contacts are backed up through your gmail.

Sent from my Incredible Sensation

OP
A

Austindo

Reaction score
How do I back up my contacts? And if I take out the SD card I have that has most of my apps before I reset it, it won't get rid of the apps on the card right?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will not erase your sdcard unless you tell it to. You can copy your sdcard data to a computer just in case if you want. It will erase all the internal phone data though and put Gingerbread back onto a clean system. Should fix errors.

Google should backup your contacts automatically. Sign into gmail from a computer and check the contacts tab on the left of the screen to see if they are all there. I think you can also export contacts to sdcard if you hit the menu button in the People App.

I do not think it will erase apps that are on the card but idk. Google saves your apps you have purchased through the market. You can sign into market.android.com to see what is stored. You may have to re-download free apps. You will prolly have to set up all your phone settings again.