Battery lasting forever!!!!

greyghost04

Reaction score
I got the update this morning. Had the Droid since Sunday. It's 3pm and the battery is showing with only the tip of the battery gone. I can't believe it. I've been making calls and using the internet all day. I also d/l Advanced Task Killer free. I think that is a very important app. Wow, looks like I'll get more than a day on a charge. It seems to be getting better everyday. :icon_ banana:

tu3218

Reaction score
yeah I agree, i think the battery life with this update is lasting a good bit longer. I had it off at 640 this morning and normally it would be down to 80% by noon but it didn't hit that till around 2. I'm liking this! :)

BeepBoopBoo

Reaction score
Yeah...it's almost as if it is learning, and therefore able to do a better job the more times it...hey wait a minute!!!:icon_eek:

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
Now it's 6:30pm and I'm at half a battery. Nice!:)

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
Im pretty jelious about the battery life and the update.. I was hearing it would be here in Dec. 11 , How did you guys get the update early?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im pretty jelious about the battery life and the update.. I was hearing it would be here in Dec. 11 , How did you guys get the update early?

They started releasing it in chunks (200K) since Monday. I got the update yesterday evening.

jasonb

Reaction score
i got my droid on sunday and of course i was playing with it non stop the first few days and successfully killed the battery in a matter of a few hours. today though(with the new update, 2.0.1) it didn't get much use. i sent one text and received one text, and listened to internet radio for about a half hour or so. the rest of the day it just sat idle in my pocket with 3-4/4 bars of 3G service. at 7:30pm it was still at 90%. like i said it didn't get much use, but i was still surprised to see it at 90% after about 11 hours. so at idle, with good service the battery will last quite a while.

cc16177

Reaction score
I love it! I got 11 hrs 25m before I put the phone back on the charger and it was still at 40% ... yaaaaaaaay!

raven1911

Reaction score
I am getting the opposite affect after the update. The battery seems to drain quicker for some reason. Is there something I am missing? I have wifi and bluetooth off, display is low. I don't get it?? Any ideas??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
22hrs since last unplug i'm still at 50%. The 2.0.1 update for battery makes it last crazy long. I'm texting, phone calls, using data on and off, but still amazed.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Im seeing huge improvement, still at like 80% and phones been on for 12 hours.

fredm74

Reaction score
I have seen HUGE improvement on the battery life. I love it. The only thing I haven't tested out yet is if the battery drains when the Droid if powered off. Has anyone tested that one out yet? Droid gets better and better. And so far it's been one update, can you imagine after 2, 3, 4, 5 updates what this phone would eventually do? The skies the limit.........:icon_ banana:

-Fred