Stock Froyo to Gingerbread Rooted

roaddaw9

Reaction score
OK sorry but I have to admit that when it comes to the Droid X and Gingerbread I am a noob. I did some searches on the forum but I am not understanding. Right now I am not sure what to do from the standpoint of moving to rooted Gingerbread.

The problem is that I don't want to corrupt the boot loader on my phone again. So I would like to know if someone can help me to understand which set of instructions to follow. I would like to move from Froyo to rooted Gingerbread. But I don't want to really go hard core and get to the level of Dark Slide ROM again. That is what got me in trouble when I attempted to go back to stock via the sbf. I don't really understand the difference between dex and odex.

So any help on pointing me to the right instructions would be appreciated. Right now I am rooted via Z4Root. I have the Droid X Boostrap, but I am thinking I need the Droid 2 one. Just keep in mind I would like to get back to stock if possibly needed in the future.

Thanks!

steelersfan5692

Reaction score
Everytime I tryh to install the GB root I always bootloop. Its to the point that the moto sign is still white and not red! Any ideas what the heck I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions and I always bootloop. Confused:/

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
Follow this video, and I have a link for the files here too...very easy to get back to stock.

Droid X SBF

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://youtu.be/c58XaWnr6XE]YouTube - ‪How To SBF Droid X to full 2.3.340 OS 2.2 Now linked for Droid 2‬‏[/video]

OP
R

roaddaw9

Reaction score
Thank you, any suggested instructions that should be followed for gingerbread rooted?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums