How to root the DROID x with stock gingerbread.

mark7568

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to root my DROID x? I have stock gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ngholson

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to root my DROID x? I have stock gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

what android version is it exactly 2.3.? makes a huge difference, 2.3.5 is apparently not rootable.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
what android version is it exactly 2.3.? makes a huge difference, 2.3.5 is apparently not rootable.

2.3 is the Android version, it is commonly known as gingerbread. And what has 2.3.5? As far as I know the X is only up to 2.3.3 now.

ngholson

Reaction score
cellular south (aka c spire) has a milestone x (aka droid x) recently they pushed ota update to:

android version: 2.3.5
system version: 4.5.602.MB809.ACG-CS.en.US
Baseband Version: BP_C_02.12.00R
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-geadffa3mcbk83@il93lnxdroid18 #1
Build number: 4.5.1_57_MX2-32

i allowed the update when i bought the phone, thinking it was no big deal... couldn't get it to root with any of the known methods. bricked phone, took it back to cell south, got new phone under warranty (2.2.2), allowed download of update then froze updater with titanium. copied out the downloaded update. you can download it here. Blur_Version.3.2.6.MB809.ACG-CellSouth.en.US.zip if anyone can root the damn thing i would really appreciate it. it looks very very nice.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
O ok I missed the fact that it was for a milestone x. Sorry I do not know anything about them at all.

ngholson

Reaction score
O ok I missed the fact that it was for a milestone x. Sorry I do not know anything about them at all.

they are the same as the droid x (literally), when i took mine in after i bricked it the girl in the store even called it a droid x. Motorola only passively acknowledges that they even ever made the device since verizon branded it droid x. the milestone is just an unbranded droid, either be it droid droid2 or droidx they are all the same device.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
they are the same as the droid x (literally), when i took mine in after i bricked it the girl in the store even called it a droid x. Motorola only passively acknowledges that they even ever made the device since verizon branded it droid x. the milestone is just an unbranded droid, either be it droid droid2 or droidx they are all the same device.

Well they are exactly the same except according to your info they are up to 2.3.5. And you say it can not be rooted? I am assuming you have tried the d3 method.

ngholson

Reaction score
Well they are exactly the same except according to your info they are up to 2.3.5. And you say it can not be rooted? I am assuming you have tried the d3 method.

well yea except for that. i have it running froyo 2.2.2 rooted right now, i didn't apply the ota update this time. but 2.3.5 has a new blur version and apparently is specifically designed to stop root.
i THINK that i have tried the d3 method, i tried pete's (both methods), motorolaoneclick, superoneclick, z4, gingerbreak. which one is the 'D3' method? I am new to motorola, familiar with htc devices.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Pete's and moto one click are the same and would be the d3 method.

leftspin

Reaction score
Milestone X and Droid X are not the exact same thing. The software for them is different and they have different radios.

Pete's one click D3 method is supposed to work on all Moto Gingerbread devices