Stock Calendar for Sapphire

Masx

Reaction score
Hey all just curious as to what version Sapphire uses? I recently just installed Sapphire to try it out replacing BBv0.4. When I was setting up my Pure Grid Calendar I was selecting which Calendar to use and selected the Stock Google 2.2 and it told me I didn't have that installed. So I selected the 1.5-2.1 Stock Calendar option and it worked fine. When I was using BB it worked fine when I selected 2.2 so I was kind of baffled when I couldn't for Sapphire.

So by this I assume it's not using the updated version? Not a big deal but just curious as to what the difference is or if there are any.

Thanks!

brochaos

Reaction score
i use pure calendar, and was curious about this too...

grimloktt

Reaction score
It must be using something older than 2.2. It won't work with 2.2. So, I just use 2.1 with no problems...

OP
M

Masx

Reaction score
I ended just deleting the calendar.apk that was included in the Sapphire and replaced it with the one from the FRG22 and it works fine now when selecting 2.2

kruizin

Addicted to ROM
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or, just hit your stock calendar icon, then hit agenda from the menu button. Works really well for me anyways...

wingdo

Reaction score
Hey all just curious as to what version Sapphire uses?

Sapphire is built from ASOP (google) source. Calendar.apk and CorpCal.apk are both part of the ASOP build. Therefore .... the version supplied is the version Google had in source on the day sapphire 1.0.0 was built which was August 4th.

I have no issues with using the 2.2+ calendar with agenda widgets.

grimloktt

Reaction score
I ended just deleting the calendar.apk that was included in the Sapphire and replaced it with the one from the FRG22 and it works fine now when selecting 2.2

Where'd you get it?

grimloktt

Reaction score

Where'd you get it?

Peter Alfonso

I downloaded the FRG22 deodexed and took the CalendarGoogle.apk from the system/app and replaced the Calendar.apk from the Sapphire one.

Do you put the caledargoogle.apk on your phone and then install it or do you just put it in a certain folder...or both?

jayman350

Reaction score
I've been having issues with Pure Calendar widget. Can't get the 1.5-2.1 or the 2.2+ options to work. I'm downloading the file Masx suggested to give it a shot. It has really been bugging me b/c I was using the PC widget a lot to keep up with Gtasks and my calendar all in one.

hopefully this will fix that problem.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Well, the file he suggested failed to install for me. I did, however, download the 2.2 calendar modification someone posted on the forum. It's an updated stock 2.2. calendar where you can change the beginning of the week, etc. After successful installation, I tried to change Pure Calendar to 2.2 versus 1.5-2.1 with no luck. Pure Calendar still works under 1.5-2.1 setting. When I go to the calendar itself on my phone and check settings, it says 2.2.

Bottom Line: It's not affecting anything, and I don't know what I'm missing if anything. I'm not worrying about it for right now.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Sapphire 1.0 comes with calender 2.2 already in it from the get go
the issue is with the calender widgets not seeing it. I don't know why but i'm having the same issue as well with pure calender. but when i use root explorer and go to system/apps/calender.apk and select view then open the meta file it shows it as 2.2 on pure messenger and pure calender just select the 2.2 option and it gives a warning about it not being there and that it wont work just select ignore and it works fine. or at least it did for me

OP
M

Masx

Reaction score
The way I installed it was making a copy of the original Sapphire install zip and deleted the Calendar inside of that replacing it with the 2.2 Calendar apk from that link I posted. I believe I had to rename it from GoogleCalendar to just Calendar.

Reason I did this was because I reloaded a backup of BB to see if something was wrong and I also modified a few more things such as transparent notification slide down and changed the boot animation. So I reinstalled using the modified zip.

Sapphire 1.0 comes with calender 2.2 already in it from the get go
the issue is with the calender widgets not seeing it. I don't know why but i'm having the same issue as well with pure calender. but when i use root explorer and go to system/apps/calender.apk and select view then open the meta file it shows it as 2.2 on pure messenger and pure calender just select the 2.2 option and it gives a warning about it not being there and that it wont work just select ignore and it works fine. or at least it did for me

I tried doing that in my widget but it gives me the error and doesn't change to the calendar. So the only fix in the widget was to use the 1.5-2.1 Calendar selection. But after doing what I said above it allowed me to select 2.2 no problem and all is working well. As for any big difference between the 1.5-2.1 selection vs 2.2 I have no idea. But it sure was annoying enough for me to try and fix it :)

Last edited: