Sapphire Question

fd2blk78

Reaction score
Hello friends...quick question. Running Sapphire 1.1.0 with the 2.6.32.9 kernel and watermark'd theme. Have been for a while. Seems to be working fine all the way around. I am curious as to whether or not I should update to the 1.1.1 version of Sapphire. Hopefully someone has made the switch and can let me know what the pluses are and if it is something i should do. thanks for the help.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello friends...quick question. Running Sapphire 1.1.0 with the 2.6.32.9 kernel and watermark'd theme. Have been for a while. Seems to be working fine all the way around. I am curious as to whether or not I should update to the 1.1.1 version of Sapphire. Hopefully someone has made the switch and can let me know what the pluses are and if it is something i should do. thanks for the help.

Looks like the only significant change on the droid 1 side was increased resolution capability on camera, although that apparently has led to some issues with high-quality video recording. I would say that if you're really happy with how 1.1.0 is running for you, there's not a major impetus here to upgrade.

CHANGELOG:
1.1.1:
Added better camera/camcorder resolution support [cyanogen]
Provides more support for encoding video, audio, and imagery
within the camera application, based on what is supported by
the hardware

Added more new boot animations [Ludacrosse05] (Emerald, Obsidian)
Added the new boot animations from Luda for the emerald and
obsidian builds

Added Bluetooth MAC settings [koush] (Ruby)
Added some bluetooth MAC settings to support Bluetooth Audio
streaming

Moved from libloc to libgps [koush] (Ruby)
Libloc is a deprecated api for GPS, while libgps is newer.

Scan all mounted directories for Media [koush]
Added the ability to scan all of the mounted directories for
media. This allows internal and external storage on some
devices to have their media show up in Gallery/Music/etc.

jayman350

Reaction score
I tried the 1.1.1 update and it didn't play very well on my phone. Market wasn't able to sync my apps (even after letting it sit for like 2-3 hours), also had a lot of freezes and redraws. Most themes haven't been ported to 1.1.1 so I went back to 1.1.0.

I've been having a lot of random issues with my phone recently so I can't say if its the ROM or my DROID.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I am running 1.1.1 and have no problems, but then again I didn't have any problems on 1.1.0. I kina regret switching because Watermark'd is not available for 1.1.1 yet. I currently have the orange theme, but I loved Watermark'd. I think he will have it updated soon though.