Stock android apps instead of HTC replacement apps

jimmiem

Reaction score
Got my wife's Incredible yesterday and I've been using a Moto Droid. Hers only has app icons for the HTC music, contacts and calendar apps, even though the widgets for the standard Android apps are available. Is there a way to access and use these apps instead of the HTC versions?

Sorry if it's been asked before. I tried a search but I wasn't sure what search terms would yield results.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
No sir there isn't. At least not that i have found. I love the HTC apps anyways though.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I don't understand, you can't use standard Android apps on a HTC Droid?

Yes you can use Android apps on the HTC INCREDIBLE. He is talking about things like the Android calendar. HTC has their own calendar which is much improved over the Android calendar IMO.

Josefius

Reaction score

Yes you can use Android apps on the HTC INCREDIBLE. He is talking about things like the Android calendar. HTC has their own calendar which is much improved over the Android calendar IMO.

Cool, I'll be getting mine a couple days. Look forward to migrating all my contacts etc. I hope it's painless from a Blackberry Curve.

domino0415

Reaction score
sorry but coming from a blackberry in my experience is not a very pleasant ... as far as i know there is no way to transfer contacts thats automated ... all manual at least that how i did it. :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Install Google Sync on your Blackberry, sync the contacts over to Google, then when you sign into your new Droid/Incredible, they will be copied over automatically. Easy peasy.

Sorry offtopic.

Last edited:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
You can

Just install a different home then go to the market and d/l the apps you want.

They just rooted the Incredible too so it will only get better now. I cant wait till I toss all the Sence Ui into the trash myself. It just slows the phone anyhways. Only thing I do like is friend stream but its a full page widget and I cant use it on sweeter home where'd i'd put it on a springboard so it wouldn't be there all the time using that entire page :(

try out launcher pro on there I have it on my rooted DI and its working nicely, more stable than my favorite Sweeter home preview 2.

Which apps are you referring too buy the way.

Josefius

Reaction score
Install Google Sync on your Blackberry, sync the icons over to Google, then when you sign into your new Droid/Incredible, they will be copied over automatically. Easy peasy.

Sorry offtopic.

Thanks for the input, that worked like a charm.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Migration of contacts is painless

Just signup for a Gmail account before you turn off your old phone. it will get all your contacts if you allow it on google clouds then when you turn on the DI for the first time and login it will sync.
did for me but I did come from my original moto Droid

a freind was on verizon on a BB storm I told him to get gmail he did and when he recieved his new N1 on tmoble it synced for him too.

korp

Reaction score

This .... sense ui is pretty awesome and I wish I had it stock on my Droidddd.

Josefius

Reaction score

This .... sense ui is pretty awesome and I wish I had it stock on my Droidddd.

The Moto Droid? There are so many versions of Droid out now :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is only one that is just a Droid. The Motorola Droid. Then there is the HTC Droid Incredible and the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid Devour.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
There is only one that is just a Droid. The Motorola Droid. Then there is the HTC Droid Incredible and the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid Devour.

Actually the Devour doesn't have Droid in the name. Its just the Motorola Devour. Its not worthy enough of having Droid in the name lol.

DarkNet

Reaction score
Got my wife's Incredible yesterday and I've been using a Moto Droid. Hers only has app icons for the HTC music, contacts and calendar apps, even though the widgets for the standard Android apps are available. Is there a way to access and use these apps instead of the HTC versions?

Sorry if it's been asked before. I tried a search but I wasn't sure what search terms would yield results.

If you are still looking for a Calendar app I have MOD'd the original calendar and pushed it to the Market.
Calendar Plus I have both a free version and a paid version. The Free version is a basic model almost identical to the original but with a few wanted addons.. The paid version, I have added new features such as:

Fading past events
MutliDay View (1-14)
Explicit Start View settings (So you can specify "DayView/WeekView/etc..." to be the start screen)
Changeable Default event length (instead of being stuck with 1hr as the default)

I am always trying to add new features that users feel have been left out of the original app.