stock .596 gb to rooted .602 gb few ideas or ways

jeff5347

Reaction score
Ok so i bricked my x to complete unuse. Vrizon sent me a new one and it has the .596 unrooted version on it. I was wondering the simplist way to get the .602 root.

One write up i read stated sbf back to .340 and have the 2 part zip ".304-.602" on the sd card.

Another is to go back to 340, root to .596 gb and then dl the ota update and unzip the su file right after installing the .602 update before letting the phone completely boot back up.

So going from now a completely stcok .596 and wanting to get .602 root. What way do i go that is simple and the easiest. Any other ways of getting 602 root?

cw801971

Reaction score
I went the sbf to 340 to then the 2 part 596 to 602. Using astro file managers back up tool took me about 1.5 hours to get all my apps and root running like a dream.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
so let me see if im getting this right. You sbfd to .340... then you went 596 rooted...? am i correct so far. Then you took the ota 602 and went thru the pull battery before it fully reboots and then you get the rooted 602.

If i do it the 2 way can i use the dxgbrooted zip file or do i get the tbh 2 part. I know my previous 596 root was with the tbh 2part zip. honestly just nervoius of f'ing up this phone so i wanna make sure i get all the rigth steps to do this correcly

do you have any links that u used to do the 596 and a likn(s) forthe 602?

Last edited:

cw801971

Reaction score
You can do the rooted aio from tbh that way. But you don't get the.13p radio. For the updated radio I had to sbf back to.340 then use the aio 602 from tbh. Don't forget to read the instructions in mydroidworld you will need to format a few things in order for it to work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf back to Froyo using the links in my signature. Root using Z4 Root, use D2 bootstrap to boot into Clockwork Recovery and then install the 2 part rooted .602 files. Its pretty easy. Make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache before you flash the 2 files.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...rbread-update-4-5-602-rooted-ready-stock.html

The TBH All in one works well too. That's what I used. Just make sure you go to mounts and storage and format the system.

Random ROM'd X

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
brad ? for u . was watching droid droidmodd3r and he satates wipe the cache and such but also states format it before doing the flashing . It was regarding the tbh aio though. Do i have to format as well or will just wiping do it. Als oone noob ? when i sbf i have the 340 sbf file. But when i hit the "..." in rsdlite and attached the sbf file it comes up as C:\Users\Deena\Desktop\droid\VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf do i delete everything before the vrz so it just reads in rsdlite as such VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf

so to make sure i dont f this up. i will sbf to 340.
reboot and dl z4root and d2bootstraper.
Reboot phone and root with z4
then go to d2bootstrapper and bootstrap recover and reboot recovery
from there go in and wipe data, dalvik and cache... do i nee to wipe anything else or format after that.
then go to my 2 zips and install part 1 and install part 2.
NOw after i install ill dl CRW and can i go in and under d2bootstrapper and reboot recovery and advanced restore.....restore data and in done.....?

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok this is getting rediculous. iget my droid in bootloader mode. Plug into the pc and have rsd up and running . open the sbf 340 file and it i see the droid in devices and status states connected. But everytime i hit start it comes up right away in the results box fail. what am i doing wrong because i have done this but dont know why it says fail

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok just incase anyone reads this and are at a point i was at, i ginally got it all fixed. I was 1. putting the sbf in the right place but i kept deleted where it was stored.. the destination 2. i wasnt in bootloader mode like i thought. :icon_eek: Once i figured out i was doing those two things wrong all went just like Brad stated. So Brad, thank you

C

Communisum

Does anybody know if there's a .602 for d2, cause I think we loose feedback if I were to flash this? P3 any chance of a d2 version?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums