easiest way to goto .596 to .602

travis4380

Reaction score
i have reading on how to go from rooted .596 to rooted .602 it is overwhelming all of the different ways. i would like to know the easiest way because I dont want to screw up my phone thanks

rexster314

Reaction score
Do the one click method. Simple, painless and takes all of 10 minutes from initial download to rooted phone.

csimo

Reaction score
Go into clockwork recovery and make a backup of your current ROM. Then use the Black Hat All In One update to .602. Activate the phone if needed. Go back into clockwork recovery, Restore, Advanced, and then Restore Data Only. All your apps, etc. will be there. Nothing else needed.

BillCollector

Reaction score
Rexster,
What is the one click method?

Also, where can I get the black hat all in one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rocko

Reaction score
What rom are you using? I assume your rooted? Easiest is to SBF to .602 and take the OTA.

BillCollector

Reaction score
Just rooted .596 stock. No ROM right now. I've read a lot of techniques, but I dont want to SBF back to froyo

Rocko

Reaction score
If you are only rooted and have not deleted any files, just pull the update. It will unroot you but you can get root back. SBF to .602(its not froyo) is a way too.

leftspin

Reaction score
you could always just SBF to .602 and re root using the D3 one click, it's inconvenient I guess but it's easy

BillCollector

Reaction score
Do you have instructions to SBF to .602? My phone won't take update. I hit 'install now', it reboots me into recovery.. I click 'reboot system', and it reboots and says update failed