Still the Best Phone out there Today

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I recently went back to the G2 after playing around with another phone. I've had the other phone since launch day, giving it a good long test. Longer than I should have. Wow am I happy I'm back. The G2's just a better device. I hate bezels and the G2's got one of the smaller ones out there with a perfect screen size. The Battery life is something I really missed. The G2's battery after using it all day and streaming several times during the day was still at 36% last night when I placed it on my hockey puck charger that I haven't been able to use. I didn't realize that I missed wireless charging. Even 4.4.2 runs great on there and the modifications I can make mean that I do not need to install a different launcher or ROM. Overall this is still a great phone. I'd still recommend it over any phone that is out there currently including the new ones!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I switched both carriers and phones back in May to T-Mobile and the G2. I don't miss either my old phone or Verizon

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

Erikbal

Reaction score
I've only had mine since the 14th of this month but I am very pleased with it! Fast, good looking, I like all the customizable options as well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scott craft

Reaction score
I've thought about switching to the edge program with Verizon, but there isn't another phone out there I would want to switch to. I'm still enjoying my G2 and i consider it just as good as any phone out still.

Caesars

Reaction score
The best thing about "new to" G2 consumers.... $400 @ t-mobile ☺

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best thing about "new to" G2 consumers.... $400 @ t-mobile ☺

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'd already made up my mind I wanted G2, then they said the price and I was doubly sold.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

Erikbal

Reaction score
I got mine for free from Verizon after a $50 mail in rebate. I wasn't even shopping for a phone but it was too good to pass up!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had forgotten how sleek and nice the VS980 4G (Verizon g2) felt in hand, until I took it out of the otterbox defender to change the screen protector on it.. I got mine back in December.. My Maxx has a brighter screen, but other than that.. I'd say the g2 is a well thought out phone..

scott craft

Reaction score
I just took mine out of the case and put an iloome glass screen protector on it and a ghost armor clear skin on the back. Makes it feel so slim in my hand.

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I just took mine out of the case and put an iloome glass screen protector on it and a ghost armor clear skin on the back. Makes it feel so slim in my hand.
Ummmm, is that a good thing?

jspradling7

Reaction score
Every few days I switch back and forth between the M8 and the G2 because it keeps things fresh. But overall I like the G2 slightly better. Just root it and put an Xposed module or two on it and it's good to go. I was really disappointed in the G2's camera and GPS when I first got it but after the updates it's fine. I wish it had a SD card though.

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Every few days I switch back and forth between the M8 and the G2 because it keeps things fresh. But overall I like the G2 slightly better. Just root it and put an Xposed module or two on it and it's good to go. I was really disappointed in the G2's camera and GPS when I first got it but after the updates it's fine. I wish it had a SD card though.
If I had a complaint, it'd be the GPS. After the updates, it's better, but still not great. It does finally find my location on the golf course though and I can use my Golf Logix app. I just have to wait a few seconds for the location too update.

Never had any issues with the camera though. It's always been top notch. Now the M8's camera on the other hand. Yuck!