Battery starts out amazing, but gets horrible after a few days?

Tracey4

Reaction score
So I have been experiencing this issue since i got my g2 about a month or two ago. The battery will be amazing for a few days lasting 36 plus hours. Then quickly it will stop being so great. I'll take it off the charger at 2 am and wake up at 6 to see it at 85% even though wasn't in use. Then I'll have it in my pocket all day with minimum use and it'll be at 40% at 3:30 pm. Then I'll have to charge it again before bed where before I could go a whole other night without charging it. I have reset my phone at least 5times and every time it starts out great then goes bad. I tried turning off Google now. I tried setting maps to not follow me. I even turned off gps. I tried with and without WiFi. I'm just so frustrated. I downloaded wakelock detector but don't really understand it. Says 12minutes for system manager and the other apps are at 40 sec or below. Can anyone help? I have the charger that came with my phone but I have a bunch of Motorola chargers that I also use. I didnt think that mattered but figured I mention it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Install GSam battery monitor. It will provide you more info about thew apps using the battery. My though is excessive syncing, (mail, weather etc.)

emfayard

Reaction score
Use snapdragon battery guru.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Use snapdragon battery guru.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I get really good battery life right now (on my Note 3), but I've heard several people talking about this program. I've used GSAM in the past to diagnose issues on my Razr. Does it give as detailed information as GSAM?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Battery Guru is intended for Snapdragon processor phone in order to manage battery use. It doesn't provide much infor about what uses the battery but does allow a lot of control over how some apps use the battery.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I'll continue recommending people to use GSAM then! Most of the the folks I talk to aren't necessarily looking to just extend their battery but want to know what is actually draining it (especially when they were getting great battery life).

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Well, first it said Facebook was using the most power so I deleted it. Now it says some other random app is using power, but it's not an app that has to sync or anything. I killed it so I I'll see what happens.

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Update: So here are the stats I am getting after deleting the 2 apps that used the most power. I am at 76% battery at 5 hours unplugged. Screen has only been on 32 minutes. That says it accounts for 48% of battery loss? I haven't been using the phone much at all. So far deleting those apps has not helped my power.

Robster

Reaction score
I would recommend doing a factory reset. Wipe it all and start from fresh. You may have an app that is acting weird or buggy. I had that happen once on my DNA and I couldn't figure out what was killing my battery so fast so I wiped and started fresh. It has worked fine ever since.

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
I would recommend doing a factory reset. Wipe it all and start from fresh. You may have an app that is acting weird or buggy. I had that happen once on my DNA and I couldn't figure out what was killing my battery so fast so I wiped and started fresh. It has worked fine ever since.

I'm certainly willing but I've done that at least 5times. The first few days it always fixes it But then it goes back to being bad. Should I not download any apps?

tjrssibelle

Reaction score
Before doing a factory reset, try running into safe mode for a couple days (this would disable any third party apps)...if your battery improve then you can do the reset and download one app at a time and monitor the battery to identify the culprit....this might take a while if you use lots of apps

Sent from my VERIZON LG G2

Jcassell1

Reaction score
I found that the Google+ app killed my battery. It was always syncing something. I never use but it would still sync every picture I took. Since I disabled it, I am back up to 2 days on battery. I am somewhat a heavy user as well.

brand

Reaction score
I've only had mine a couple days and the battery life is atrocious. I don't have Google services (the battery drain culprit with my Note 3) or GPS activated and I'm getting 3 hrs on screen time. My Note 3 crapped all over that. Pretty disappointing for a device i was really excited for in large part due to the purported fantastic battery life. I think i must have gotten a lemon and since I'm within my 14 day return window I'm going to return it to Verizon.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Google Services should always be running. If it's not, you're going to have all sorts of hiccups in other apps.

If you're having trouble with the battery, go into your system settings and disable Location Services. For some reason, it's causing Google Services and Google Play Services to keep the phone awake at all times, even if the screen is off.

I just got my phone about a week ago. After about three days of finding right ROM for me and setting it all up the way I wanted it, I got two days of great battery life (22 hours on battery, 5 hours screen time, 20% battery) to really awful battery life (5 hours on battery, 1 1/2 hours screen time, 40% battery). After disabling Google Services last night it seems to have resolved the issue. As of this post my stats are 22 hours on battery, 2 hours screen time, and 54% battery left.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.