Still losing data!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There have been a lot of people having this issue since 181. I myself have had a few issues, but mostly on days that I know there were tower tweaks.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Krenzy

Reaction score
I've been having the same data service losses nearly everyday for just a few seconds, once or twice per day tops. Twenty minutes ago I lost service for five minutes and only got it back after I restarted the phone. I also do the airplane mode, and eventually it comes back, except for this time. The first day I got my MAXX it got the .181 update so its all I've known. Verizon gives the same crap line about how it CANNOT.be their service, it MUST be the phone...as they always claim. This is getting pretty damn sickening. BTW I live in a 3G only area.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
It's both the network & the phone. I've been with other Razr owners while I can't keep a connection & their's is OK, but they do see intermittent issues.

I'm still hoping the new radios in ICS will at least fix the phone side, but if it doesn't come soon I think I'll be on another brand phone & carrier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I just mentioned this in another thread. Does installing and running Fresh Network or Motorola restore connection help?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
I just mentioned this in another thread. Does installing and running Fresh Network or Motorola restore connection help?

I've heard it helped some, but I only tried on my first Razr & no joy. The last was already scheduled for return before I noticed the data issues & I just got this one setup the other day & while doing that I could already see it constently switching before I got my smart actions restored that turns off data while on wifi & while trying to run some of those Verizon things that only work if you use your data connection. Even if one of the many things that simple cause you radio to reconnect help with data while actively using it, they don't take care of the bigger problem while I'm driving & it makes my phone overheat, stop charging & rapidly drain battery. I do plan on trying the Motorola app though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I was fine on .173, but since .181 I have seen the strange drops for no reason at all. It comes back pretty quick so has not been too annoying, yet would still like it fixed.

luvdldy

Reaction score

Restore connectivity REALLY worked for me! I think those BATTERY saver progs are jacking us up! I think I will just stick with Smart Actions!