Still having tether problem after the rooted 602 update.

jst4fun

Reaction score
I did the sbf back to froyo, then factory reset, then z4 root, then installed the 2 part update, but when I go to wireless tether it says tethering started with errors, please check channel log.
Using the wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk
Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
After I deleted the app then re installed it, seems to be working pretty good. The only thing now is when I log off the tether app, I loose my phones internet. I have to re power the phone to get the phones internet access to work.

OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
Google wugfresh tether and flash his. No issues. It's hit or miss with most of those apk's like 3.0.
Still having problems even after installing this version of tether.
When you log on it takes you to the Verizon Hot Spot Page.

draexo

Reaction score

I heard verizion is rolling out new hardware that stops illegal tethering

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cw801971

Reaction score
You will need the.602 update to get rid of the lost data. The new radio fixed it for me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

milski65

Reaction score
After I deleted the app then re installed it, seems to be working pretty good. The only thing now is when I log off the tether app, I loose my phones internet. I have to re power the phone to get the phones internet access to work.
Try toggling airplane widget off/on instead of powering off. May help to regain connection.

Hardhead

Reaction score
I heard verizion is rolling out new hardware that stops illegal tethering

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It's not illegal. It violates Verizon's TOS, but Verizon isn't the government. I didn't vote for them. So in my opinion, they can take their TOS and shove it up their you-know-whats. :)

antwonjenkins

Reaction score

Same here, straight to the Verizon Wireless site. Ever figure out a work around? I'm trying to tether to a PS3 just so my father can send emails thru it's web browser.

draexo

Reaction score
Same here, straight to the Verizon Wireless site. Ever figure out a work around? I'm trying to tether to a PS3 just so my father can send emails thru it's web browser.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Verizon is rolling out new hardware that stops unpaid/stolen tethering. No work around.
Google it. There are many news articles about this. That is why people who were able to tether suddenly get the login screen. It is not your phone, its Verizon. As the hardware rolls out to more areas, more and more unpaid tetherers will be affected.

antwonjenkins

Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again. Verizon is rolling out new hardware that stops unpaid/stolen tethering. No work around.
Google it. There are many news articles about this. That is why people who were able to tether suddenly get the login screen. It is not your phone, its Verizon. As the hardware rolls out to more areas, more and more unpaid tetherers will be affected.

Trust me I hear ya loud and clear buddy, but there is always a work around for (mostly) everything.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Google's WiFi Tether app

full thread link:
Google's WiFi Tether app - Page 2 - xda-developers

I haven't tried it yet but as soon as I get home I am and I got my fingers crossed. almost looks promising though.

Anyone else try this yet?

Last edited: