z root help

runthe9

Reaction score
downloaded up date on my droid x to 2.3.340, y i dont know. had my phone rooted and was running wireless tether before download. worked amazing. now i am far from a wiz so this was a simple thing but now with this update it no longer works. zroot is there super user app is there as well as wireless tether. when i try to run wireless tether it says app cant run is your phone rooted.. tried unrooting with z root froze the phone several times tried perm root wont go either went as far as a factory reset didnt remove super user icon but i redowloaded zroot ran it again and still same thing doesnt load fully and freezes.. please help and again i am no wiz so please explinations in simple form if anyone can help thanx

Beka27

Reaction score
Wireless tether doesn't work with GB, at least not the official .596. It works on some of the leaks tho.

OP
R

runthe9

Reaction score
What is gb

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
What is gb

Lol... you weren't kidding huh? I just reread your initial post, you were not on .340 before? .340 is Froyo operating system. .596 is Gingerbread (GB) operating system.

OP
R

runthe9

Reaction score
I do see that other thread u highlighted for me should have read a little more first lol. I am truly a beginner. Thank u for the responses.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you want to keep running froyo I would use rsdlite to flash the 2.3.340 sbf to take it to complete out-of-the-box stock and then use z4root. The only downside I see is if you hadn't used titanium backup before this point you are going to have to wait for all your apps to load up on their own and you may end up having some that get lost.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

runthe9

Reaction score
Is there a link or you tube video showing this procedure really slowly and simple I am really not educated on all this stuff and probably shouldn't b doing it but I am a huge fan of the wireless tether and would love to get it back.