Wireless Tether Root - FROYO 2.2 DROID X

Polosport

Reaction score
Is anyone else able to get wireless tether for root users to work with the latest 2.2 leak?

My device is rooted properly as other root required apps are working. I just installed wireless tether back from a backup I had on my SD. The awkward thing is I am not getting the super user request from wireless tether.

Any ideas?

scf

Reaction score
Is anyone else able to get wireless tether for root users to work with the latest 2.2 leak?

My device is rooted properly as other root required apps are working. I just installed wireless tether back from a backup I had on my SD. The awkward thing is I am not getting the super user request from wireless tether.

Any ideas?
If you're not getting the request, then it's not working properly. Uninstall, reinstall?

geewiz2k1

Reaction score
Wireless Tether

My wireless tethering works. I used Barnacle. You have to set an extra setting in it after upgrading to Froyo "skip 128 bit supplicant" or something like that and it will work but no WEP security. So I changed to Wireless Tether, it works flawlessly and there is no adjustments for Froyo.

The built in Hotspot I tried once, but I did not get the clients to successfully connect. I just kept getting the APIPA, but no connection. I said I would try it again but have not yet.