"Stick a Pin" on where and when you got the 5.9.905 update OTA

welsalex

Reaction score
zirkdog said:
I may be a bit slow, but I can not for the life of me get a pin to stick to the map. It keeps wanting me to save my location to "My Places" or create a new map. Not letting me save it to the .905 update map. Anyone get it to work for them?

I also am feeling retarded in that I couldn't get a pin to stick. Granted I gave it about 15 seconds of my time.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Checked for updates and got it at around midnight last night in Central Maine.

OP
aaf709

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be a bit slow, but I can not for the life of me get a pin to stick to the map. It keeps wanting me to save my location to "My Places" or create a new map. Not letting me save it to the .905 update map. Anyone get it to work for them?

I can't get the pin to work either.

I also am feeling retarded in that I couldn't get a pin to stick. Granted I gave it about 15 seconds of my time.

I apologize, this is the first time I tried this. It's set for Public.

In theory, all you do is go to the link in the first post, enter your Zip Code and "save to map." It should then give you a choice with 5.9.905 at the top.

Well, even if that doesn't work, we can see that it's not like a ripple going out from one place but extremely random.

FrankieZee

Reaction score
Got it this morning in Southern Wisconsin. Can't get the pin to work on mobile. Will try when I get home after work. If I don't forget anyway.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mykl376

Reaction score
Just updated in Gainesville, FL, at noon. No 4G though, since I'm out from the city, so I can't comment on that.

pjschaffer

Reaction score
I apologize, this is the first time I tried this. It's set for Public.

In theory, all you do is go to the link in the first post, enter your Zip Code and "save to map." It should then give you a choice with 5.9.905 at the top.

Well, even if that doesn't work, we can see that it's not like a ripple going out from one place but extremely random.

You need to allow anyone to edit the map. Click on My Places and then on the map. Then click on Collaborate and check the "Allow anyone to edit this map" permission. After that, anyone should be able to pin a location.

HolySloth

Reaction score
Bend,Or Last night around 10. I'm 3G here though, so it doesn't probably matter much.