OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
MOD EDIT: Please see this sticky to apply 2.0.1 update manually: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/7522-manually-update-2-0-1-a.html

As first found by gixxerjoe:

I found this posted over at Boygenius. rumor has it that Droid Upgrades may be starting today.

Verizon Motorola DROID OTA updates starting today? Boy Genius Report
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...tarting-today/

This is a preliminary report. If anyone gets an update please let us know.

If you do receive the update please add your location (approximate is fine) to this Google map: DROID 1st OTA Update - Google Maps

Edit : if you have any issues or fixes please post at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ngs-fixes-thread-droid-2-0-1-ota-updates.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would be nice. Wasn't the last article that discussed the update pointing toward this weekend for it to start? ... that the OTA had been pushed back because of limited time with the SDK to correct issues?

Just force checked for system updates... nothing.

Anomander

Reaction score
Great now I will be looking at my phone every 10 minutes to see if the update is happening. :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I go to System Update it says my phone is up to date. I hope they start rolling it out. The sooner the better :D

zegolf

Reaction score
I'm getting flashbacks, and odd senses of deja vu from a particular forum that does, or does not rhyme with, Smackferry.

I'm Happy with this device, so I'm resisting the urge to buy into the "WHEN IS THE NEXT LEAK COMING" koolaid!

alm0614

Reaction score
How will we know when we get the update. Or is the only way to get it to force add it

fredm74

Reaction score
Will Droid update itself out of thin air? Or do we get a notification stating that the update is ready for installation? Otherwise, I'm prepped for an update. :icon_ banana:

-Fred

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm getting flashbacks, and odd senses of deja vu from a particular forum that does, or does not rhyme with, Smackferry.

I'm Happy with this device, so I'm resisting the urge to buy into the "WHEN IS THE NEXT LEAK COMING" koolaid!

it's ok... this will be OFFICIAL... no leakage.

zegolf

Reaction score

it's ok... this will be OFFICIAL... no leakage.

Good, because I'm tired of wearing diapers.

You know...

For the leakage.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Will Droid update itself out of thin air? Or do we get a notification stating that the update is ready for installation? Otherwise, I'm prepped for an update. :icon_ banana:

-Fred
Hello Fred...yes you will get a notification.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. I hope this works out well. Just a smooth rollout. Maybe by time zone to help itbe easy

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How will we know when we get the update. Or is the only way to get it to force add it

You should get a notifiaction that the update is available to you :)

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
Is there something to look for on the phone, other than system updates?

My phone woke up about fifteen minutes ago and, along with the GPS icon, there was a message in the status bar that said "Preparing SD Card". The GPS icon flashed for a bit and then went away. A couple of minutes later, it came back on and flashed for a bit and then went away. I thought I'd left a map running so I opened Task Killer and no map was open but I shut down all of the usual apps. Difference is, this time, instead of the usual 78M or so of available memory, I now have 114M of available memory.

No idea if it's related or not.