Steve Jobs, “Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it.”

J

Johnly

This may be true..

Apple denies validity of email exchange between Jobs and disgruntled fanboy

By Ari Robbins, posted Today at 8:40 PM / 198 views

PhoneDog on:TwitterFacebookYouTubeRss Feed

112584-jobs.png

This morning BGR posted an email exchange between Steve Jobs and "Tom," a former Apple fanboy gone disgruntled, due to signal degradation issues with the iPhone 4. BGR noted that they made every effort to validate the email headers before posting the exchange, and that based on their findings they believed the exchange to be "100% legitimate." From the very beginning I told you I had my doubts, and many of you agreed that there's no way it could have been real. Well, it turns out that we were all right.

According to Apple PR, the conversation we all read and laughed at earlier today is nothing but a hoax. Fortune reached out to Apple for a statement, and when "Asked on the record whether Steve Jobs was the author of any or all of these statements, a top Apple spokesman emphatically denied it." But wait, there's more! Apparently, BGR isn't the first who was offered this email exchange. AppleInsider, after reading the exchange on BGRs site today posted a story of its own, suggesting that the exchange was offered to them two days prior, for a price. The guy who was selling the story didn't name a specific price, he just mentioned that it was for sale and that he had the email headers as proof that it was real.

Now, it seems as if AppleInsider is calling out BGR for not mentioning that the story was shopped around, and the real question is, did they pay for it? BGR has updated their site a few times since the original post went up, but as of this writing there has been no mention of the validity of the exchange or anything related to having paid for the story. If we get any more info, we'll be sure to share it! So, were you a believer, or no?

Via Engadget, Fortune, AppleInsider
:icon_ rofl::pint::popcorn:

zero7404

Reaction score
in the end, who really cares ?

regarding this specific topic (in a long line of topics of this company's woes) ... the phone won't perform correctly because of the way it is held in the hand, that's a fatal flaw. it's just ANOTHER example of how aesthetics override function when we talk Apple.

otherwise i see this thread going way south