Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X

rolandct

Reaction score
I guess they don't ship from the east coast. Still waiting for mine.

stargazin

Reaction score
SO which is better, Ultra Clear SGP Steinhiel, Invisible Shield, Ghost Armour? I want the best for my phone! Clarity and protection priority. I have the Verizon anti glare version on mine currently, and it smears, holds fingerprints, and does not cover completely cover the glass. I'm thinking one of the shields for the screen and, I saw on Invisible Shields site, the Leather Skin, that looks nice!

Or maybe an OtterBox?

Jeff

ccartertn

Reaction score
Just ordered the Steinheil Ultra Crystal. How many in a pack?

CC

reddog187

Reaction score
Got my stienheil UC today. Applied it and its probably the best protector I've ever used. You can't even tell it's there. Easiest application of a protector ever also!

Brent72

Reaction score
So, are the Steinheil protectors easier to apply than the Zagg Invisishield? I just bought one of those at Best Buy tonight and it was an absolute nightmare trying to install and I ended up ruining it in the process. You had to spray it with liquid, then try to get it properly aligned over the screen while still trying to manage the bubbling that started occurring. In short, it was a complete disaster and I ended up wasting $20. If these Steinheil protectors are easier to use I might try giving them a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

omnicious

Reaction score
Well first of all Zagg's aren't that hard either. You just gotta be patient and it does take up to a week for all the bubbles to disappear. So you probably pulled the plug too early.

And yes the Steinheil seems easier if only because it doesn't require you to wet anything.

Schimm

Reaction score
Just ordered the Steinheil Ultra Crystal. How many in a pack?

CC

i got mine today too and i love it - high quality and just what i wanted

Yep add me to the list. Clearer than Zagg (no orange peel effect) and less tacky. Fit is excellent as it gives you just a bit of leeway so you don't have to be perfect in its application.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Ordered one, two came in the package, huzzah!

Plus, it went on perfect, no dust, no bubbles at all. Gave it to my friend to try this morning, he hates screen protectors, he was using it for a minute before I had to tell him it was even there.

Great product!

reddog187

Reaction score
So, are the Steinheil protectors easier to apply than the Zagg Invisishield? I just bought one of those at Best Buy tonight and it was an absolute nightmare trying to install and I ended up ruining it in the process. You had to spray it with liquid, then try to get it properly aligned over the screen while still trying to manage the bubbling that started occurring. In short, it was a complete disaster and I ended up wasting $20. If these Steinheil protectors are easier to use I might try giving them a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, the Steinheils are much easier to apply. No "solution" is needed. I like it cuz it took all of 1 min to get it on, and no wait time to freaking dry! I hate getting anything wet close to my phone, probably will never use anything else since this is sooo easy.

Well first of all Zagg's aren't that hard either. You just gotta be patient and it does take up to a week for all the bubbles to disappear. So you probably pulled the plug too early.

And yes the Steinheil seems easier if only because it doesn't require you to wet anything.

Any of the shields that require wetting them are quite difficult if you're not use to applying them. For most everyday users this isn't something they do on a regular basis. Just my opinion, Steinheils are way easier.

1 clean everything
2 line it up to make sure it's good
3 peel the adhesive protector down half way
4 apply squeegee out any bubbles on first half
5 pull the rest of the backing off and squeegee more

All done and no waiting for it to dry

I always hated waiting for the skins to dry. :)

jk12

Reaction score
Call me an idiot or impatient, which I'm neither, but just tried installing and got one speck of dust and ruined it. By the time I realized it was dust, I had to peel it back which ruined that edge of the protector. Same thing happened to the second screen.

Waste of money. Guess I should invest in a clean room.

reddog187

Reaction score
Yeah, i have 4 little pieces of lint on mine in the upper right hand corner. It bugs me a little but I really should have gone into the bath room and turned of the shower to pull out all the dust and lint in the air. I was impatient. :( You just have to be careful and clean everything around you. Same thing will happen if you use the ones with solution if you work in a dusty area unfortunately. I'll just get a replacement eventually. :)

Last edited:

PhilD

Reaction score
Call me an idiot or impatient, which I'm neither, but just tried installing and got one speck of dust and ruined it. By the time I realized it was dust, I had to peel it back which ruined that edge of the protector. Same thing happened to the second screen.

Waste of money. Guess I should invest in a clean room.

i bought a few extra because i know i'm pretty particular about such things and wouldn't get it exactly right on the first try. i actually trashed three of them before i got the fourth one on perfect. the first or second try would have been good enough for most folks, but like i said, i'm pretty particular, everything has to be centered and aligned just right or i get a little crazy.

as far as dust goes, i didn't try the shower thing, what i did was place the phone on a table by a window (so i could see a strong reflection of the window on the screen). this let me carefully and easily inspect the surface for any dust during application (and i did find a few pieces during my several attempts).

i am very happy with this protector (heard about it first in these forums), especially since it covers 99% of the glass unlike the one offered by Verizon. i will definitely use Steinheil's on all my smartphones going forward.

Last edited:

bucknutz

Reaction score
Just ordered one as well. hope they're as good as recommended in this thread.

thanks everyone...

chazall1

Reaction score
Great Covers

I put mine on two days ago, Looks great and when compaired to the one that Verizon sells you, what a great improvement. Also these covers protect the entire front of the phone, not just the screen area