Steinheil Ultra Crystal and Motorola car dock

Cornholeo

Reaction score
Had my Droid X about a week and the only two accessories I have purchased are the Ulra Crystal screen Protector and The Motorola car dock.
Steinheil protector is best screen protector I have used on any phone, previous being the Backflip and HTC Tilt. I used the recommendation I found on steaming up your bathroom to kill dust and it was flawless install.
The car dock opened up the X's voice navigation world to me. I first tried it a few days with the phone sitting on my console beside me. It was okay but had to tae your eyes of the road to do anything or look at map. I will not use it anymore unless it is in a cardock. It was much easier to use and the map was stunning, even in the bright sunlight in the interstate in Florida.
Hope this as helpful to some as all the info I dug up on these forums before I bought my Droid X.

GrinReaper

Reaction score
How do youlike the Steinheil Ultra crystal protector, I am debating between that and the ClearTouch™ Crystal by boxwave

OP
Cornholeo

Cornholeo

Reaction score
easy application (steam up bathroom and it kills dust), perfectly clear, easy clean, and seems to be very durable. I rate this in a totally different class than InvisiShield. It is also very smooth and does not affect touchscreen sensitivity. I have not had one person look at my Droid X that recognized it had a protector on it either!

dLi

Reaction score
How do youlike the Steinheil Ultra crystal protector, I am debating between that and the ClearTouch™ Crystal by boxwave

[FONT=바탕]I applied it onto my Droid X and I love its screen clarity! I can[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t even tell if the film is on my phone. The film is made a little smaller than the screen; therefore, there wouldn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t be problems with the piece being too big for its size. I am pretty impressed with the Ultra Crystal film on my Droid X as I was with the film on my sister's Droid 2[/FONT][FONT=바탕]. The cost is $13.99 [/FONT][FONT=바탕] the same as it[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s charged for Droid 2.[/FONT]
SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protection Film for Motorola Droid X [Verizon]

FVC

Reaction score
Does the Steinheil ultra crystal for the Droid X cover the entire screen edge to edge ? The Verizon ones just cover the the touch screen area .

Thanks in anvance .

droidphreak

Reaction score
Does the Steinheil ultra crystal for the Droid X cover the entire screen edge to edge ? The Verizon ones just cover the the touch screen area .

Thanks in anvance .

Yep they do. I've used both the Steinheil and now im using the Seidio ones and they are my favorite so far. The verizon ones are junk.

PACanesFan

Reaction score
+1 on Steinheil. I'm using the anti-fingerprint model. It takes a little away from the screen display, but no fingerprints to be found!

morcguy

Reaction score
Wish i'd seen the steamy bathroom tip yesterday wow what an ordeal applying the Steinheil ultra clear. Great now that it is on though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dLi

Reaction score
you don't really need to apply it in the "steamy bathroom." My film applied just fine. :icon_ banana:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I didn't apply it in aren't bathroom and it works awesome. Ultra crystal clear is an understatement.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App