Starting out Making a Custom ROM

Reaction score
I've been brushing up on my Java coding, and coming up with some great ideas, for a custom rom and themes. But I Really have no idea where to start. Anyone with experience wanna give me some pointers. and maybe some links to some good starter guides. Like I said, i know some java and what not, so if i run into something that needs coding i can figure that out, but i've never done any themeing or ever made a custom ROM on android before, so I am a lil lost on where to begin.

mcp770

Reaction score
I've been brushing up on my Java coding, and coming up with some great ideas, for a custom rom and themes. But I Really have no idea where to start. Anyone with experience wanna give me some pointers. and maybe some links to some good starter guides. Like I said, i know some java and what not, so if i run into something that needs coding i can figure that out, but i've never done any themeing or ever made a custom ROM on android before, so I am a lil lost on where to begin.

THIS looks like a great place to start! Also HERE Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yea that's a lil out of date but there was a link to a site with some guides on compiling with android. But I didn't see anything actually pertaining to building a custom rom. Anyone else with some experience got some tips and links?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dAi

Reaction score
How's that going?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums