Starting new with Verizon.....Droid X, D1 or wait for D2?

FragDroidX

Reaction score
October 2011

I would do it like this, Add a line to your current family plan which should get you the discounted price on the DX. Activate phone when you recieve it. Swap your current number to the DX and the new number to the BB. Transfer your DX to your new account. Cancel BB on old account.

After reading through that 3 or 4 times it seems like it might work.

When I have my BB with my old number and the DX with the new number and then go to swap the numbers at Verizon, they won't question me?
And when you say cancel BB on old account you mean....... cancel BB on old account (the new number)?

MrMorgan

When you get the DX activate it like normal. After its activated have the account holder call customer service and swap your current number to the DX and the new number to your BB. Wait a Day or two and have the account holder go with you to a corparate Verizon store and transfer your DX which now has your current number to a new account in your name. Cancel the old account which will have the new number and pay the $130 early termination few and your done.

FragDroidX

Reaction score
Oh.....and I was also told by Verizon that is you do an AOL then the warranty on the phone is voided.

FragDroidX......that pretty much sinks your idea

MrMorgan

I have done this on my account a few times and have never had it void the warranty on the phone. Even if for some reason it voided the manufacturers warranty if any thing should happen to your phone you always have the the insurance to fall back on.

howard5674

Reaction score
i came from a bb storm 2 an i wasn't sure about the move. i was very happy with my sorm but the difference between the x an storm is pretty cool.there is a learning curve for sure so be patient.i have only had my x for about 2- 3 weeks an stated using swipe for texing an that app. is beautiful to use..there is some little bugs to work out an i hope with the new upgrade that is coming out those will be fixed..the bb for e-mail is the best no dought but the x is still pretty good .. so it just depends what is most important to u..go check it out at the store for sure before u make you're choice.the more i use the x the more i like it..also keep an eye on posts here to learn about the x, it's been helpfull..just keep using it as much as possible to get to know it well.i haven't rooted it an most likely won't because i'm not that comfortable doing that..good luck with you're choice

Last edited:

Kandiru

Reaction score
I love my DX.

But i am like an escapee from an Amazonian tribe,
having used Palm 755ps ever since they came out,
now electricity looks alluring:)

Seriously, it has taken over my life, apps that help
at work, home, and even car.

I cannot see myself going back to puny screens ever.

howard5674

Reaction score
#34 howard5674
Junior Droid

Member #91826
Phone: droidx
View howard5674's Gallery

i came from a bb storm 2 an i wasn't sure about the move. i was very happy with my sorm but the difference between the x an storm is pretty cool.there is a learning curve for sure so be patient.i have only had my x for about 2- 3 weeks an stated using swipe for texing an that app. is beautiful to use..there is some little bugs to work out an i hope with the new upgrade that is coming out those will be fixed..the bb for e-mail is the best no dought but the x is still pretty good .. so it just depends what is most important to u..go check it out at the store for sure before u make you're choice.the more i use the x the more i like it..also keep an eye on posts here to learn about the x, it's been helpfull..just keep using it as much as possible to get to know it well.i haven't rooted it an most likely won't because i'm not that comfortable doing that..good luck with you're choice
Last edited by howard5674; Today at 01:54 PM.

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Ok well after going to the Verizon store and playing with the Droid X, I had to have it.

I called the 3 closest Best Buys....all sold out and didn't know when they were getting more. I called 6 or 7 closest Walmarts and they were sold out.

Finally called one Walmart that was about 25 miles away and they had 3 in stock. Drove out there and got my DX!!

I was actually surprised how knowledgeable the guy at Walmart was.

Now it is time to to play around with this thing and figure it out

MrMorgan

accellpo

Reaction score
Congrats MrMorgan! Just got mine Thursday! Yep at Walmart. They had one left and the process was great. No wait. No rebate. I'm Loving this phone. Its wiping the floor with my rooted Droid. Wont miss all the themes from my Droid because ADW has excellent themes available in the market. Definitely try out the ADW launcher!

Last edited:
OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
What is the AWD launcher?

And did you pay $199.99 or $149.99

I found it odd that they have one price online and a different one in the store

MrMorgan

accellpo

Reaction score
ADW Launcher is pretty much like a highly customizable home screen replacement. It adds performance to sliding across screens. The launcher is free but themes cost .99 cents to a $1.50. Too many features for me to explain but heres an example.....

l_f24b4efebd024d8e8025a17ef08d6b11.jpg

I paid 199.99. You have to order online to get that speacial low price. At least thats what they told me.

Sentrix

Reaction score
I'd grab a Droid 2 on launch day, especially if you're a big texter, or just leaning towards a physical keyboard. If you plan on watching alot of video and really using your screen for media though, definitely go with the Droid X. It's delayed 2 weeks or so at the moment, but it's an excellent and proven smartphone.

Last edited: