Starting new with Verizon.....Droid X, D1 or wait for D2?

michowad

Reaction score
I just got my DX today and I love it, coming from blackberry storm I am used to virtual keyboard. At first I placed the order online with verizon but I didn't want to wait till the 23rd. I went to BestBuy and they had 4 in stock.

oo3

Reaction score
I came from an iPhone to the DX. At first I wasn't sure if I would like the humungous screen but now I'm in love with it. The large onscreen keyboard is a plus too. Oh and the reception is good.

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I guess I will call and check Best Buy tomorrow....if not I will order from Wirefly

Thanks

MrMorgan

biggerd

Reaction score
check with walmart they have them on sale at there online store for 149.99.

Sharp

Reaction score
re: Droid X vs Droid 2

If the portability of Droid X is not an issue for you, then go with the X...
It is a very good phone. Some folks are still waiting for Samsung Fascinate. It is dificult to make a judgement at this point without ACTUAL comparring these phone side-by-side

The Rick

Reaction score
When you have your number ported it automatically deactivates your other phone. As far as fees though you will be responsible yourself for taking care of those later. You old company will send you a final bill

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

Yes....I am going to have to pay a $130 ETF.

Should their be a problem porting a number from Verizon to Verizon?

You can't port from verizon to verizon. If you pay the ETF, that will cancel your number with verizon. I'd try to get customer service to just upgrade you now and get the 2year price on a droid. What kind of phone do you have now?

[email protected]

Reaction score
I had a blackberry Pearl. I love the Droid X. Well worth it. In fact, when I ordered it in the store they said it would not ship until 8/3. I received it on 7/28. This phone is well worth the money and they hype. I love it.:heart::greendroid:

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Wow that is a great deal. I would be hesitent to order a phone from Walmart though.....starting a new line and all. Should I be worried?

When you have your number ported it automatically deactivates your other phone. As far as fees though you will be responsible yourself for taking care of those later. You old company will send you a final bill

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

You can't port from verizon to verizon. If you pay the ETF, that will cancel your number with verizon. I'd try to get customer service to just upgrade you now and get the 2year price on a droid. What kind of phone do you have now?

Damn, you can't port a number verizon to verizon? Right now I have a Blackberry Tour 9630 (with an annoying trackball)

I may just start a new plan and not worry about porting the number. It will be a bit of a hassle but it may be the way I have to go.

MrMorgan

FragDroidX

Reaction score
Wow that is a great deal. I would be hesitent to order a phone from Walmart though.....starting a new line and all. Should I be worried?

Damn, you can't port a number verizon to verizon? Right now I have a Blackberry Tour 9630 (with an annoying trackball)

I may just start a new plan and not worry about porting the number. It will be a bit of a hassle but it may be the way I have to go.

MrMorgan

Don't worry about porting the number. Your best bet is to do this thru verizon even if you have to wait for the DX. All you have to do is go into a Verizon corporate store with the current account holder as they have to sign off on the number transfer. Transfer your number to your personal account you are opening up and order the DX. There will be no termination fee since you are opening a new account on the same number.

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score

MrMorgan

Don't worry about porting the number. Your best bet is to do this thru verizon even if you have to wait for the DX. All you have to do is go into a Verizon corporate store with the current account holder as they have to sign off on the number transfer. Transfer your number to your personal account you are opening up and order the DX. There will be no termination fee since you are opening a new account on the same number.
You are right, there will be no termination fee

BUT

Even though I am opening up a new account....I will not be able to get a DX at the 2-year contract price. I have already discussed this with Verizon.

Yes it is a new contract but I will have to keep the same contract length.....just like a continuation of my old family plan contract but with a new plan

MrMorgan

FragDroidX

Reaction score
When does the current contract expire on your number?

October 2011

I would do it like this, Add a line to your current family plan which should get you the discounted price on the DX. Activate phone when you recieve it. Swap your current number to the DX and the new number to the BB. Transfer your DX to your new account. Cancel BB on old account.

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
When does the current contract expire on your number?

October 2011

I would do it like this, Add a line to your current family plan which should get you the discounted price on the DX. Activate phone when you recieve it. Swap your current number to the DX and the new number to the BB. Transfer your DX to your new account. Cancel BB on old account.

After reading through that 3 or 4 times it seems like it might work.

When I have my BB with my old number and the DX with the new number and then go to swap the numbers at Verizon, they won't question me?

And when you say cancel BB on old account you mean....... cancel BB on old account (the new number)?

MrMorgan

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Oh.....and I was also told by Verizon that is you do an AOL then the warranty on the phone is voided.

FragDroidX......that pretty much sinks your idea

MrMorgan