Stable LTE Data Connection?

Droidram56

Reaction score
After multiple phone calls to Verizon customer service, settings checks, SIM card pulls, factory resets, and a SIM card replacement, I was provided with a replacement Droid Bionic but am continuing to experience data drops when the phone is set to CDMA/LTE ("4G") mode. I am ready to ask Verizon to provide me a different phone, but I am reading in the forums that folks are having the same experience with other Verizon phones, including the HTC Rezound and the Galaxy Nexus. I would like to hear from folks who are enjoying stable LTE service and which phone they have. Thanks.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What are you running on your Bionic? GB (which version) or ICS (which version)? I've heard a lot of complaints with 905 (GB version), and data drops. I myself had horrendous data drops on 905. If you are on 905 I would STRONGLY recommend trying the .232 ICS leak. DO NOT do .235, because you cannot go back to GB on that build, but you can on .232.

I've had pretty good data performance on ICS, and if you haven't tried it yet, then really there's no harm in it.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The few times I get to use 4G it's been solid. No drops. I'm running the 2nd ICS leak. Personally I think it's a network/GB issue and ICS will solve the problem, at least with the Rezound.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had no LTE drops with my RAZR or the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I am running GB .905 unrooted. Was hoping to wait until the OTA push of ICS.

Give .232 a try and see if it doesn't help with your data drops. If it doesn't then you can go back to 905, and try to get a new phone. If it does work then you know the issue was resolved, and you don't have to go through the hassle of returning.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
If I install 232 will I later have to revert back to 905 to get the OTA version of ICS?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Droidram56 said:
If I install 232 will I later have to revert back to 905 to get the OTA version of ICS?

You'd fxz to 902 first. Then update to 905 and finally ICS.

mphillips43

Reaction score
I have htc resound and it only works when I am outside. When inside it keeps dropping. I have to use my WiFi at home so it will work. I think we all got screwed!

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
You'd fxz to 902 first. Then update to 905 and finally ICS.

Thanks. I'm going to call VZW tonight and ask them to send me a phone that already has an OS version that has solved this.