New 3G phones?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Since the proposed 4G pricing from Verizon seems to be out of reach for many folk, are there new 3G phones coming out with speedy processors, or can you get a 4G phone and not pay for or use (SIM card required) the 4G service. I, for one, am perfectly happy with the 3G service, but I would love to have a speedier phone...plus, I just like new gadgets.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Since the proposed 4G pricing from Verizon seems to be out of reach for many folk, are there new 3G phones coming out with speedy processors, or can you get a 4G phone and not pay for or use (SIM card required) the 4G service. I, for one, am perfectly happy with the 3G service, but I would love to have a speedier phone...plus, I just like new gadgets.

Does anyone really know what the 4G data prices will be? I haven't read any actual numbers. I'm not even sure that Verizon has decided on the prices and amount of data they will buy.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
A lot of that is still up in the air as Big Red fine tunes the 4G service. Until the 4G units are more mainstream, I think we can expect a sellers market on the service and the devices. I am myself quite happy with my rooted D1, it runs faster than a lot of the newer phones and can do a lot more at once. By the time I'm up for another device the dust should be cleared for me to get something nice.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Does anyone really know what the 4G data prices will be? I haven't read any actual numbers. I'm not even sure that Verizon has decided on the prices and amount of data they will buy.

exactly no numbers have been released yet.... so nobody knows.

also another thing they haven't even released if the teired plans are going to be teired speed or tiered data.