SSX Next Version - What Do You Want?

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK everyone - starting to get my head back into the X - but I need feedback on what it is you'd like to see in the next version - I'm sure the obvious answer is GB - but I don't think that has been done yet. In addition I have a feeling that will take a LONG time to get done right.

So - what is it you see in other X ROM's that SSX does not have? I am depending on you for feedback to make this next version ...

Of course - bugs you have found in SSX would be first on my list ...

cplum

Reaction score
Home & Search Buttons

Chevy I just switched to the Droid X and installed SSX1.1 today. I have been using your ROM on my droid since I think 4.6. I like the pull down bar with the WIFI, etc you integrated in SS 5.00. I also have another problem with my X. The home key and the search key are not working. This happened before I installed your ROM so you may not be able to help. I did send $20 for beer when 4.6 came out and we gladly send you another $20 if you can get my home key and search key working again. Payment was from [email protected].

Fadelight

Reaction score
The only feature your ROM doesn't have that I really miss is the ability to change the text colors in the pulldown menu.

ecfiffer

Reaction score
i would love to see the love that you put in to ss5 on the OG droid on the DX. GB would be awesome and I would wait for it! heck you'd have it out sooner then VZW would!

Fadelight

Reaction score
Oh I lied... there was one more thing I dearly miss. A "Reboot" option in the power menu.

droidmod

Reaction score
SS5X ? Running SS5 on the Droid and would love to have comparable experience on the X. just moving to the x because of big screen / speed and can be had reasonably outside VZW without adding another 2 years.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Chevy I just switched to the Droid X and installed SSX1.1 today. I have been using your ROM on my droid since I think 4.6. I like the pull down bar with the WIFI, etc you integrated in SS 5.00. I also have another problem with my X. The home key and the search key are not working. This happened before I installed your ROM so you may not be able to help. I did send $20 for beer when 4.6 came out and we gladly send you another $20 if you can get my home key and search key working again. Payment was from [email protected].

I do recall having that issue myself - did you try a wipe? Scratching my head trying to recall if there was something else ...

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The only feature your ROM doesn't have that I really miss is the ability to change the text colors in the pulldown menu.

What other X ROM has this ability? The reason I can have it in SS for the OG droid is because it's built from source ...

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes - I hear you all SS5 on the X is what everyone would like to see - but BESIDES that?

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
Well i think a few standard have been made and I would love to see them in your rom.

1. Pull down status power bar
2. 4 way reboot
3. ROM Tools/Tweaker (like Liberty Tools) for themes, Addons, & Rom tools
4. Android 2.3.2!!!!

love your work and hope to see many more things from SS

Fadelight

Reaction score

What other X ROM has this ability? The reason I can have it in SS for the OG droid is because it's built from source ...

No ROM for the X has the ability, as far as I know. Perhaps CM (in the near future) will have it, though. But that is AOSP anyway.

ecfiffer

Reaction score
hmmmm im really thinking here and i cant think of much other then a reboot from the power button.

oh i do have a bug, i reboot or power cycle for that matter and i boot into clockwork recovery every time. i reboot from there and i get into the OS fine.
and another bug is with my bluetooth not always connecting. rebooting the phone fixed it but it happened a few days in row. (finds wood to knock on) but it hasnt happened since.

foxky

Reaction score
the phone will always boot into recovery if rebooted while connected via USB to the charger or a computer

tapped on my LibX 1.5

Fadelight

Reaction score
Oh yeah, one other thing. An easy way to change the ERI Banner. Like the way they did it with the Liberty ROM.