SQUIDLY 2.3.20 ROM here it is same theme as 2.0 but new base official

ender4212

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my txt messaging. I have Squidly 2.3.20 running(no blur) and I can't get the 'New message(s)' notification to go away. When I get a new text I hear the sound twice. Once for when the little green messaging chat bubble shows up and once when the white 'New message(s)' thing shows up. Problem is that last one won't go away until I reboot and it shows back up and stays with the next incoming message.

I've run Squidly's ROMs before and never had this issue, so not sure what the deal is. It's the first ROM installed after flashing an sbf (had a bad experience with the first UD release and had to sbf).

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Last edited:

ender4212

Reaction score
I don't think that was the problem. Here's what I did...

I uninstalled the messaging app like you instructed. I only saw one installed but did it anyhow. Then I was unable to find a way to send a txt, so I installed handcent which worked great. When I received a txt I still got the handcent notification and this other 'generic' I'll call it notification. So then I told my fiancee to txt me back in 2 minutes. I then uninstalled Handcent to see what would happen when I got the next msg. I uninstalled it, rebooted the phone and shortly after got the txt. It still gives me that 'generic' notification, but now I'm unable to open read my new message because I have no messaging apps installed.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but like I said, I'm coming from a fresh sbf(I think that's the term...I'm a noob) so nothing else has been on the phone previously and I haven't changed any messaging settings that I'm aware of.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Handcent is white with a blue border,Mms.apk is. Green popup,and conversations.apk/blurmms is whit and grey if that helps at all with no messaging apps you will not get texts. If you have a messaging app plus handcent you will also get double texts I hope that clarifies something for you.

ender4212

Reaction score
conversations.apk/blurmms sounds like what I need to get rid of. Now to just find out how to do that. Thanks for your help!

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Go to terminal emulator if you don't have it its free on the market type su enter.blurmms -rm all done

Syko

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my txt messaging. I have Squidly 2.3.20 running(no blur) and I can't get the 'New message(s)' notification to go away. When I get a new text I hear the sound twice. Once for when the little green messaging chat bubble shows up and once when the white 'New message(s)' thing shows up. Problem is that last one won't go away until I reboot and it shows back up and stays with the next incoming message.

I've run Squidly's ROMs before and never had this issue, so not sure what the deal is. It's the first ROM installed after flashing an sbf (had a bad experience with the first UD release and had to sbf).

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Not sure if you got this fixed or not but I had a very similar problem. When I first installed Handsent, (before I rooted & installed Squidly's ROM) I would get 2 notifications for the same text. One from Handsent & one from blur. At that time, I simply turned off the notifications in the blur settings and no more dupe notifications.

After I installed the Squidly ROM, I decided to uninstall blur mms. Once I did that, it would seem that a generic android (not blur - someone correct me if I'm wrong) messaging program kicked into gear and I started getting double notifications again (now with that persistent green bubble you mentioned). You can turn it off by accessing that green bubble which takes you into the stock messaging system, click menu/settings/notifications uncheck and your good. Or go into your app tray and find "Messaging" and do the menu/settings/notifications uncheck.

Hope this helps.

Chickoid

Reaction score
Ok I've gone through all the threads to be sure this wasn't already covered and didn't notice it. My problem is with vvoicemail. I sign in and go to retrieve my voicemail but it says its not downloaded properly? I've tried installing it through terminal command and says its not on sdcard, I moved the file to sdcard from Rom folder and still no go...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You would have to put it in the stock folder of the sdcard and you can also delete it using vvoicemail -rm and download from the market if you want to try that.

event121

Reaction score
I have the vvm issue as well where it says not downloaded properly . Can't install version from market cause it recognizes the D2 and says to use preinstalled app. Then forces u to uninstall.

This may be related to a different vvm issue with vzw... i'll update if i find anything, but if someone finds a fix post it here. Though this might be network side.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't use vvm so that's weird ill post the untoched file later tonight.

Did it work with my rom before or always mess up
also try clearing data

Last edited:

pkbest

Reaction score
Hey Squidly, are the lights on the keyboard supposed to be on? I noticed last night that when I slide the keyboard out they don't light up, yet with a custom theme I used.. I ported an Apex theme just to try it out, it worked lol. Also, the buttons on the phone, like the home, back, settings, and i forget the other one.. are they supposed to be lit up? just wondering. its not a huge deal.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There is a light sensor but on first boot it wont be on hit. The sleep button then wake it and it will be on.just first boot it wont until the screen times out or you manually put it to sleep and wake.