Squidly 2.3.20.2 Rom

marcjc

Reaction score
Overclock install

new to this ROM, but went through using both Gscript Lite and Terminal and ran the OC1.3 script. It says overclocked, i check in Quadrant it shows 1300, I reboot and it seems not to stick. Quadrant shows 1000. I re-run the script, Quadrant shows 1300 again.... How do I make the OC setting persistent.

Thanks....

JustJack1235

Reaction score
You call up motorola and tell them to unlock the kernel's......there is no way to make it stick. All the overclock apps out there set it at boot not permantly. Try quickclock from the market...it sets it automatically~ otherwise u just have to run the script~

Sent on the fly~

marcjc

Reaction score
Did not know that.... I was using fission... it must set on boot each time... Thanks I don't reboot that often so no big deal, I just never noticed it before.

Thanks again...

You call up motorola and tell them to unlock the kernerls......there is no way to make it stick. All the overclock apps out there set it at boot not permantly. Try quickclock from the market...it sets it automatically~ otherwise u just have to run the script~

Sent on the fly~

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Its the d2 and dx curse.... :( quickclock is the easiest app to overclock in my opnion.... only because it sets up everything for you with one click~
You say u don't reboot often....but u will now only because u said u don't ~lol

Sent on the fly~

andyc

Reaction score
No you must have cleared data no worries from terminal type su enter then gscripts enter all better.

I've been having the same issue and I've seen this as your response multiple times. I've googled and searched this forum to no avail. I have gscripts lite and terminal emu, I also just have the three options everyone's mentioning. I type su in terminal, good. I type gscripts and I keep getting "not found"

I was trying to sort this out all morning but I keep finding the same advice and it's not fixing my problem.

Also, as noted by others, props on a solid rom. It's lightning-quick :)

pylopor

Reaction score
I just flashed this, is there anyway to get the original D2 Messaging App? I liked that far better than the older one :/

sudermatt

Reaction score
huh? what happened to my smokin fast rom?

When I first loaded this rom I was getting 2400 Quadrant scores at 1300 OC

My phone's been a bit of a pig lately so I worked with DroidOverclock...making sure it's at 1300.

Now I'm getting 1387 quads....

What gives?

andyc

Reaction score
When I first loaded this rom I was getting 2400 Quadrant scores at 1300 OC

My phone's been a bit of a pig lately so I worked with DroidOverclock...making sure it's at 1300.

Now I'm getting 1387 quads....

What gives?

My score also dropped a bit, but that's to be expected. I was also scoring 2400ish after a fresh install with next to nothing but quadrant installed After syncing all my accounts, re-downloading many apps and setting up Launcher and my homescreens with all the widgets I could want, plus having a live wallpaper running, my quadrant scores are 1900 at the lowest and about 2200 at the highest. You gotta figure the more things you have running in the background at once, the lower your score.

Back everything up and revert to a fresh install of Squidly and I'm sure your scores will go back up. Just be aware of what you have installed and/or running at any given time.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just flashed this, is there anyway to get the original D2 Messaging App? I liked that far better than the older one :/
Install Blur mms in gscripts or blurmms -ins in terminal emulator.

jammerules

Reaction score
Where are the steps to install this ROM? Please can someone post a linky? Thanks!

TheCometRider

Reaction score
Squid, I just had to write something on here and let you know that you (and spazz) are the heroes of my droid world. I have been studying your forums for several weeks and just flashed your latest rom. (My first time flashing a rom, so thanks spazz for the walkthrough.) Wow! Everything is coming together and just about every issue has already been explained. Mega props and thanks for a great rom.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

boomer0711

Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated. I've been reading the forum all day and I can't find the answer to my problem. I'm trying to flash to this rom from the liberty rom. I've followed all the instructions but every time I try to install from CW I get an error trying to read the zip file. It says can't open update package. I get (bad) installation aborted. Anyone know why?