Sprint News: Soon Covering 28 New Cities in LTE & Will Offer $400 Family Switcher

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-family-400-credit-plans.png

We have a couple of interesting news bits to share with you guys today out of the Sprint world for those who may be interested. The Now Network will be upgrading another 28 new cities in their new 4G LTE service over the next few months. We have included a list below. There is also some other news that is from a leaked Sprint document. Apparently, on January 18th, Sprint intends to offer a pretty impressive incentive to get family customers to switch to Sprint. This new offer will include $400 dollars in incentives if you switch to them. Here's a quote with the full details,

The Family Switcher Offer, as it is being referred to, gives $400 worth of credit towards the purchase of Sprint phones, and eligible for the deal are families who wish to transfer their accounts.

According to what is said on the leaked document, families interested in the deal need to activate 3 to 5 new lines of service, out of which at least one must be ported in from another carrier. Also, the $400 credit can be used for buying phones only – tablets, mobile hotspots and accessories don't count. However, one may still choose to purchase a tablet separately at $100 off, in case they really want one badly. Regardless of what phone customers choose to get with their $400, it must be activated on an Everything Share or Simply Everything Share plan.

It looks like Sprint is getting aggressive with their LTE rollout and their incentives program. Here's that city list below,
  • Albany, GA
  • Anderson, SC
  • Bay City, MI
  • Branson, MO
  • Bremerton/Silverdale, WA
  • Columbus, GA
  • Columbus, MS
  • Decatur, AL
  • Florence/Muscle Shoals, AL
  • Gadsden, AL
  • Gaffney, SC
  • Gettysburg, PA
  • Glasgow, KY
  • Homosassa Springs, FL
  • Hot Springs, AR
  • Lake City, FL
  • Lake Havasu City/Kingman, AZ
  • Midland, MI
  • Nacogdoches, TX
  • Opelousas/Eunice, LA
  • Oxford, MS
  • Paris, TX
  • Pittsfield, MA
  • Saginaw, MI
  • Spartanburg, SC
  • The Villages, FL
  • Waycross, GA
  • Winona, MN
Source: AndroidPolice

Krennel

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is Sprint avoiding LTE coverage on the West Coast?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
This is actually convenient for me since I live in Arkansas. : )

They need the network size to beat out verizon. Otherwise their plans look good to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Agreed, only reason why I'm holding out is due to me still have unlimited. Soon it might change thought since I can't afford to pay an arm and a leg to buy a new phone.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I'd be all over this if I wasn't stuck in my Verizon contract for atleast another year. I'm hoping that by the time the end of the year rolls around, Sprint will have 4g in my area, but it's looking doubtful.

52brandon

Reaction score
lol, went to their site to check out their family plans and it's down... not a good way to attract new customers...;)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why a minimal of 3? I have a 2 phone family plan now with Verizon...:angry:

CamoMike

Reaction score
I hate to say that every company, but Verizon, is playing catch-up, and they all lie in their marketing. I have been with Verizon for 12 years and never once had any issues. Depending on where you live/providers, good luck waiting and listening to the bs.

Not being rude, just telling the truth.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
sprint is awful in every one of the circumstances ive been around it, no way would i switch. my roommates cant text or make calls in our house (which is basically made of paper) while i have LTE from VZW. it just isnt worth switching

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Well in my defense, I've been with Verizon for 8 years now, and the reception has ALWAYS been really bad in my neighborhood. I remember one time I had to go outside and walk down the block to get decent reception during a phone call. If they decided to keep my unlimited data on our smart phones when the time comes to get a new phone, then I MAY consider staying with them, but otherwise I won't miss Verizon. My friend has Sprint and he has no issues, same with my sister. It varies from person and place, but I've calculated that I'd be paying a little less on Sprint with unlimited data.

That said, Verizon FINALLY got 4G in my neighborhood a couple of months back, which is nice... but certain areas still switch to 3g every so often.

jseah

Reaction score
At home, we have had 4G for almost a year now. That said, the 4G connection is still spotty. When we are upstairs on the second floor, we get a solid 4G signal. Downstairs on the first floor, we will get a 4G signal, but most of the time as soon as you do something that actually uses data (i.e. open a browser), the signal switches to 3G.

I'm pretty sure this is because I believe that the nearest tower to me does not have 4G, so the 4G signal will drop to the point where the nearer tower with 3G takes over.