Sprint Lights Up 40 New Cities with 4G LTE

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-network-rolloout-jan-2014.png

Sprint's LTE network rollout seems to be expanding in large spurts. We hear nothing for weeks, then "blammo!"; suddenly there are 40 new cities with the service. Such is the case today. Here's the breakdown of Sprint's new coverage areas:
  1. Anderson, S.C.
  2. Camden, N.J.
  3. Cape Girardeau-Jackson, Mo.-Ill.
  4. Carson City, Nev.
  5. Colorado Springs, Colo.
  6. Concord, N.H.
  7. Eugene-Springfield, Ore.
  8. Evansville, Ind.-Ky.
  9. Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.
  10. Georgetown, S.C.
  11. Glasgow, Ky.
  12. Greenville, Ohio
  13. Hilton Head Island-Beaufort, S.C.
  14. Hudson, N.Y.
  15. Idaho Falls, Idaho
  16. Jackson, Miss.
  17. Laconia, N.H.
  18. Marion, Ohio
  19. McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas
  20. Midland, Mich.
  21. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, Wis. Mobile, Ala.
  22. Monroe, La.
  23. New Castle, Pa.
  24. New Philadelphia-Dover, Ohio
  25. Olean, N.Y.
  26. Olympia, Wash.
  27. Owensboro, Ky.
  28. Owosso, Mich.
  29. Paducah, Ky.-Ill.
  30. Parkersburg-Marietta-Vienna, W.V.-Ohio
  31. Point Pleasant, W.V.-Ohio
  32. Providence, R.I.
  33. Reno-Sparks, Nev.
  34. Rockingham County-Strafford County, N.H.
  35. Salt Lake City
  36. Spartanburg, S.C.
  37. Springfield, Ohio
  38. Tacoma, Wash.
  39. Yuma, Ariz.
That's a hefty list. Here's the link below to Sprint's full presser.

Source: Sprint

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cybertec69
They keep lighting up all these new cities but their network still stinks.

How do you know if you aren't on them anymore? If they stank before, that doesn't necessarily mean they still do. I am sure that there are certain areas of the country where Sprint's network definitely needs some work; however, there are many areas of the country where Sprint has vastly improved, and could be worth a second look. For example: throughout Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, TX, as well as throughout OKC, Norman, Edmond, Moore, OK; also, many areas of New Mexico including Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Alamogordo.

Here at HQ we personally know a number of folks on Sprint in these areas and they all are very satisfied with their service. I am one of them. I have even experienced areas where I had a better connection ("more bars"), than friends or family on Verizon. This is deep within major cities too (several of the cities mentioned). For the most part I currently get very good LTE service from Sprint in nearly every city I mentioned above. I am not suggesting that Sprint is better than Verizon... not by a long shot. Overall, there are far more areas of the country with excellent VZW network coverage than Sprint (whether LTE ore not).

I am only suggesting that you can't judge a man (or a carrier) without walking in their shoes for a while. Just because someone "sucked" 3-4 years ago doesn't mean they still do. Things change rapidly in the technology industry.

For many folks who live in major metropolitan areas, Sprint & T-Mobile might offer service which is comparable to Verizon or AT&T. We need to banish this idea that just because Verizon or AT&T might be better in rural areas out in the boonies that they are always necessarily better everywhere. As long as we hold on to this kind of thinking, then no-one will try other carriers, and nothing will ever change for the better.

Reaction score
Wow 2 places in N.H have sprint 4G lte and Verizon took 3 years to get it in N.H at least 1 major carrier cares about a small state

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

TatDroid

Reaction score
Wow 2 places in N.H have sprint 4G lte and Verizon took 3 years to get it in N.H at least 1 major carrier cares about a small state
But wait, doesn't that mean Verizon is already there (i.e. they had LTE before Sprint)?

R

RETG

Let's see. Verizon took 3 years from what date? And if Verizon took 3 years, then it had to take Sprint Longer. And doesn't Verizon have it in more than two locations. Not standing up for Verizon, just your post does not make much sense. And looking at states with smaller population, looks like NO Sprint LTE...Wyoming, Montana for two.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So that brings their total cities to 42. ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

Reaction score
Let's see. Verizon took 3 years from what date? And if Verizon took 3 years, then it had to take Sprint Longer. And doesn't Verizon have it in more than two locations. Not standing up for Verizon, just your post does not make much sense. And looking at states with smaller population, looks like NO Sprint LTE...Wyoming, Montana for two.
I guess what im saying is that sprint just started rolling its lte out late last year. Verizon didn't have LTE in the Laconia area till late summer. Verizon started back in 2010 with their lte and nh didn't get it till 2013. Long story short it took sprint a shorter time to bring lte to nh took them less then a year where it took vzw 3. So roll out wise sprint got their lte in nh quicker then vzw

blacksoxing

Reaction score
This is great to me

The more network laid, the more competition
The more competition, the lower the price
The lower the price, the higher the choice
The higher the choice, the more competition for the next best thing! (AWS?)

We all win by Sprint doing this...especially if those who piggyback off Sprint gets access to the LTE too

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is great to me

The more network laid, the more competition
The more competition, the lower the price
The lower the price, the higher the choice
The higher the choice, the more competition for the next best thing! (AWS?)

We all win by Sprint doing this...especially if those who piggyback off Sprint gets access to the LTE too

This person gets it!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Our Moto X has had consistent LTE for a few days now, but the G2 is still on 3G. Go Moto ;-) Download speeds here have been around 10mbps. Not bad, not bad

Sent from my Droid Maxx