Verizon Adds & Expands LTE Again; Now Blankets 75% of the US Population

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-4g-LTE-small-red-sign.jpeg

Verizon is at it again, growing their already massive LTE network to now blanket 75% of the country (population-wise). They have just added 34 new markets and expanded into 38 additional markets, for a total of 371 new markets. Here's a listing of markets below:

Verizon's new markets: Hot Springs, Ark.; Redding, Calif.; Valdosta and Waycross, Ga.; Centralia and Danville, Ill.; Parsons, Salina, and Topeka, Kan.; Alexandria and Monroe, La.; Pittsfield, Mass.; Battle Creek and Muskegon, Mich.; Mankato and Worthington, Minn.; Joplin and Sedalia, Mo.; Bismarck, Grand Forks, and Minot, N.D.; Chillicothe, Ohio; Reading, Pa.; Aberdeen, S.D.; Laredo, Odessa, and Texarkana, Texas; Brattleboro and White River Junction, Vt.; Charlottesville, Va.; Longview, Wash.; and Eau Claire, La Crosse and Manitowoc, Wis.

The expanded markets: Los Angeles and Santa Barbara/Santa Maria, Calif.; Orlando, Fla.; Macon/Warner Robins, Ga.; Bloomington, Champaign/Urbana, Decatur/Effingham, and Springfield, Ill.; Elkhart, Ind.; Des Moines, Iowa City, and Sioux City, Iowa; Dodge City, Garden City, and Great Bend, Kan.; Lexington and Louisville, Ky.; New Orleans, La.; Boston, Mass.; Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.; Missoula, Mont.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Manchester/Nashua, N.H.; Las Cruces, N.M.; New York, N.Y.; Cincinnati, Ohio; Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Salt Lake City/Ogden, Utah; Roanoke, Va.; Charleston, W.Va.; and Green Bay, Wis. Additional areas include: Little Rock, Ark., expanding into Batesville, Ark.; Tallahassee, Fla., expanding into Thomasville, Ga.; Burley, Idaho, expanding into Twin Falls, Idaho; Chicago, Ill., expanding into DeKalb, Ill.; and Cedar City, Utah, expanding into St. George, Utah.

Last edited:

Big Ry

Reaction score
I saw Centralia and was like "There's no freakin way VZW would be stupid enough to put a tower in Centralia, PA". Then I realized it was IL lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

N4UPD

Reaction score
Come on Verizon Do some expanding in Birmingham and Montgomery AL.I sit right between them and 4g comes within 10-15 miles from here. By the way my birthday is next month so give me 4g for my birthday.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Crazy to think that in 1 1/2 years LTE would be in 75% of the country.

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
It actually covers 75% of the us population. Not exactly 75% of the country. We have quite a few but there are still many areas that don't have 4G service.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It actually covers 75% of the us population. Not exactly 75% of the country. We have quite a few but there are still many areas that don't have 4G service.

Haha, right. It's nowhere remotely close to covering 75%, or even 50%, of the footprint. And I've been a bit disappointed even in major cities where the coverage is supposed to be great. Really a bit sketchy, like they optimized coverage to the foot when deciding where to put towers. Even worse, there are dead zones and gray areas where there's no 4G or very weak but it's as if they decided "it won't affect hardly anyone, at least not at the same time"

xtor

Reaction score
kodiak799 said:
Haha, right. It's nowhere remotely close to covering 75%, or even 50%, of the footprint. And I've been a bit disappointed even in major cities where the coverage is supposed to be great. Really a bit sketchy, like they optimized coverage to the foot when deciding where to put towers. Even worse, there are dead zones and gray areas where there's no 4G or very weak but it's as if they decided "it won't affect hardly anyone, at least not at the same time"

+1

point of origin

donzz

Reaction score

I was going to say, no way does it cover 75% of the country when not half of my state has it yet.

Nealius

Reaction score
I saw Centralia and was like "There's no freakin way VZW would be stupid enough to put a tower in Centralia, PA". Then I realized it was IL lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Read and thought the same. 4G surrounds Centralia Pa now. Last time I drove through though, its still a dead zone.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since we had some "pickiness" over my choice of words, I went ahead and made some changes. ;)

I would think that when you see 75% of the country, or 75% of the United States, you would assume that it meant population, because who else is going to use LTE service? The bears and the bees? LOL. Still... I always like to be clear, so thanks for the heads up my bruthas!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
xeene said:
now they just need to cover the remaining 25%

Yep, still waiting in southern NJ.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums