Spell Check in Gmail

smin41

Reaction score
The only proplem I have with this phone is I can't figure out how to spell check in Gmail.. I am the worst speller on earth so I desperatly need this!!! If there is a way to fix this please HELP!!!!

mjs31

Reaction score
The only proplem I have with this phone is I can't figure out how to spell check in Gmail.. I am the worst speller on earth so I desperatly need this!!! If there is a way to fix this please HELP!!!!

Yeah..not sure there is an option for that. May be an app out there though. Auto correct may be a good choice. Not perfect, but I find it to do an excellent job on the Droid.

princesspetunia

Reaction score
Spell Check

I am very disappointed that the Droid does not have a decent spell checker. On my Blackberry Curve and Tour there is a spell checker that goes through each word that is spelled incorrectly and it is quick and easy to accept or reject the suggested correction.

Motorola and Google should understand that there are professionals using these phones - not just kids. I cannot send emails to clients with spelling errors in them and I should not have to. With the small keyboards on these phones, even the best typists and spellers are going to have errors. i don't have time to go back and read every text and email to make sure there isn't a typo.

I love Google - but how on earth did you miss the importance of this feature? hopefully someone out there will be smart enough to come up with an app to fix this major flaw.

rickt1152

Reaction score
This is probably the one feature that has kept me from moving from my S1 to the Droid. Any update that anyone has heard about as either an OS upgrade of a Third Party Application that will Spell check an entire email? As Princess and others have said, how could they leave off such a basic feature? Makes me wonder if the only people using this phone are the "texting generation" that doesn't care how their communications look.

sydney513

Reaction score
I actually am a part of that "texting" generation, but I also don't like things to be mispelled. My spelling isn't terrible, but it also isn't always spectacular. I send a lot of emails to professionals. EPIC FAIL google and motorola. I'm so dissapointed. I love this phone, and compared to my storm 1, I'm happy in most senses, just not this.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Happened to have just read another thread bemoaning the lack of a portable external keyboard for the DROID. There seems to be a pattern here. If Google hopes to make a serious dent in the BB market share, they're going to have to focus at least some attention on the needs of business users.

I'm happy to be patient for awhile. (It took awhile for developers to provide a spell checker for the iPhone as well and if I'm not mistaken it's still a set of 3rd party apps.) But there's a critical market segment that isn't focused solely on watching HD movies on their phones.

MrBaz

Reaction score
This is relevent to my interests.
I'm a pretty good speller, but I wouldn't mind the aid of a spell checker. I still haven't quite aced this weird hardware keyboard.

pilot25

Reaction score
any updates on this or apps out there.

This is a major mistake.

pilot25

Reaction score
trying out "talk to me keyboard" it's not a spell checker but it does keep the spell recognition bar open with the physical keyboard out. Seems like the only way to have some sort of spell check.

Google continues to disappoint....